Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

K98 Bayonet question

Article about: well your off to a good start as the bayonet and scabbard are matching in numbers..here is alink to check out the numbering. I am sure also the other members reading this will be able to tel

Smile K98 Bayonet question

Hello My name is Nathan. I'm from Pennsylvania and Today while helping clean out a garage we came across some bayonets. Ive done a few searches enough to figure out a little but i'm stumped on one.

I have a K98 CVL 44 bayonet. Pretty decent shape. There are numbers 5519 on one side and the cvl 44 on the other side. The blade has the same matching numbers as the sheath? Or whichever it's called..

Basically i'm trying to figure out the rarity of this blade, price range, and also what the numbers mean. Please help?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 Bayonet question
    P
    Many

Default Re: K98 Bayonet question

it is a late war bayonet !! matching numbers is a plus that adds value !! its not a super rare blade but still good !! the numbers are basically a serial number of sorts !! i would say depending on condition and if it has a frog then you could be looking at between 80 and 150 could be more if very nice pictures would help !!

If the frog is the leather piece then it's missing that. I'll try to get some pictures up. Give me a few minutes,

Hi Nathan welcome to the forum..to better assist you please post some photos to help our experienced collectors to give you the best answer you need. Photos are everything here! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

[/URL]

I hope this can show the blade enough. Sending more pictures from my phone. Will have them on here very soon.

EDIT: I tried to add a second photo but it says i Need an admin approval i think. So i'll add them here.

[URL=http://s813.photobucket.com/user/catmando15767/media/Picture0528132023_1.jpg.html][/URL

This is the butt of the handle. Its very hard to make out. To me it looks like it says something with an M.

Figured I'd also share this picture of all 3 blades i found today.

any numbering that can be seen around the grip area or on the blade itself close to the grip? This will help identify the maker or where it came from. Clear pics also will help greatly
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

At the butt of the handle it has a few markings but they seem to be wore and I cannot read them. =(

Its ok,, post the markings and let us decide we can see what it might look like...trust us

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Its ok,, post the markings and let us decide we can see what it might look like...trust us
    One minute. I need to take another picture.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast