Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

K98 bayonet - Weyersberg 1939, matching

Article about: Hello friends, Just thought I'd post my matching K98 bayonet that came today. A nice Weyersberg, 1939. Nothing fancy I know, but I'm happy with it.

?

Default K98 bayonet - Weyersberg 1939, matching

Hello friends,

Just thought I'd post my matching K98 bayonet that came today. A nice Weyersberg, 1939. Nothing fancy I know, but I'm happy with it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 bayonet - Weyersberg 1939, matching
    P
    Many

I like it too!

Nacho

?

what's not to like?

?

Quote by toot View Post
    what's not to like?
    The frog doesn't match lol

Hi Fiore ..I like the bayonet as the bayo and scabbard are matching.

Could you provide a photo of the reverse side of the frog ? This will also help identify a production period of the frog ...if it belongs or not.

It is possible I am seeing aluminum rivets on the frog...and may be correct.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Fiore ..I like the bayonet as the bayo and scabbard are matching.

Could you provide a photo of the reverse side of the frog ? This will also help identify a production period of the frog ...if it belongs or not.

It is possible I am seeing aluminum rivets on the frog...and may be correct.

Regards Larry
    Larry,

Photos attached. Just to be clear, I bought the frog separately, so no surprise it doesn't match. The rivets certainly seem like aluminium to me. There is a very faded maker mark that is nearly impossible to get a good photo of, but I can read the following: 'E.O. ?????SS?', then below it 'C(or O?)????' then '1940'. The '1940' is the clearest mark.

Thankyou Fiore....these photos will be reserved for the Seasoned Bayo Gents.,which they know these markings

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It's most probably E O Götze & Söhne - Gersdorf, dates from 1939-1941 reported there could be others. Best Regards, Fred

Nice looking Bayonet.i like the light even wear to it,great pick up.

?

Fred known his stuff, its a LW frog, anyway the bayonet is damaged by sharpening of blade. The value is not full after this, even matching piece.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast