Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

K98 engraved

Article about: Came across this for sale. Is the engraving era correct? Opinions appreciated.

These postwar etched bayonets are very "heroic" and all, calling up images of actual units with well documented combat records - and even imaginary (on paper) units. But if you are going to indulge yourself - why not some of the much rarer ones?? Such as the: "3. SS Thüringer Waldelfen Fallschirm Gepanzertwasserski Abteilung".

Now there is something that I think everybody can get behind.

Best regards, Fred

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 engraved
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    These postwar etched bayonets are very "heroic" and all, calling up images of actual units with well documented combat records - and even imaginary (on paper) units. But if you are going to indulge yourself - why not some of the much rarer ones?? Such as the: "3. SS Thüringer Waldelfen Fallschirm Gepanzertwasserski Abteilung".

Now there is something that I think everybody can get behind.

Best regards, Fred
    From hitherto forgotten records I understand, that the father of Brian, Dennis and Carl (formerly known as Karl) Wilson (Willisöhn) was a member of that elite unit, before he headed for sunny California post war.
    Inspired by their fathers watery exploits during Big 2, the boys became surfer dudes and formed some kind of band.....the band was initially called the 'Peenemünde Strand Jungen' before the boys thought better of it and renamed the band something more English sounding.....the name escapes me for the moment.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2