Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

k98 leather frog.

Article about: hey guys does this frog look good or bad please,as these are not my area of knowledge at all,thank you in advance.

Default k98 leather frog.

hey guys does this frog look good or bad please,as these are not my area of knowledge at all,thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture k98 leather frog.   k98 leather frog.  

k98 leather frog.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement k98 leather frog.
    P
    Many

Appears the SS runes was added at some point ....wait for the Bayo Masters to chime in.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Appears the SS runes was added at some point ....wait for the Bayo Masters to chime in.

Regards Larry
    While it's not that legible, I'm of the same opinion. A postwar addition versus a legitimate TR period marking that seems to be mostly seen with the "beater" category of bayonet frogs (to try and increase their value). Best Regards, Fred

Thanks Larry and Fred the item isn't priced high at all in fact for condition it's actually lower than any european dealers would be selling it for,so the runes haven't been used to push the price up,point to mention the seller hasn't even mentioned "SS" in the listing,hope to hear more from more Bayo members,cheers fellows.

Fake SS mark we have already discussed. The seller must be having trouble shifting it.

K98 ss frog markings?

Already discussed then many thanks Anderson for the link.! so apart from the fake runes everything else is genuine? does the fake runes de-value the frog? or is the item just not worth having in a collection.!

That's a judgment call that I think depends on what a collector finds acceptable. A different example might be a legitimate TR era tropical frog that somebody thought would be more salable/valuable as a blue Luftwaffe frog so they dyed it blue. Some might be OK with that, while others irrespective of price would not want it in their collection (as a constant source of irritation). Best Regards, Fred

Yeah thanks Fred i totally get where your coming from.should have just left it as a genuine period piece and not tried to spice it up into something it never was.thanks again for everyone's input...

Hello,

the SS stamp was added in modern times.

The frog itself is original. SS runes never appear with frogs together with the manufacturer's stamp, but always with the RZM contract number and a year of manufacture.

Here are some examples from my collection. There still some with VA stamp. I haven't photographed them yet.

k98 leather frog.

k98 leather frog.

k98 leather frog.

k98 leather frog.