Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

K98 service bayonet with unusual grip plates

Article about: This bayo belongs to a friend of mine who picked it up at a gun show some years ago. The scabbard shows it to be an Elite Diamant with a serial number of 1884. There are no numbers on the ba

Default K98 service bayonet with unusual grip plates

This bayo belongs to a friend of mine who picked it up at a gun show some years ago. The scabbard shows it to be an Elite Diamant with a serial number of 1884. There are no numbers on the bayonet itself nor any other markings. What is so unusual are the grip plates which seem to be original to the bayonet. My guess is that it was never issued to the military but was used by one of the various police organizations etc.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 service bayonet with unusual grip plates   K98 service bayonet with unusual grip plates  

K98 service bayonet with unusual grip plates   K98 service bayonet with unusual grip plates  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 service bayonet with unusual grip plates
    P
    Many

Default Re: K98 service bayonet with unusual grip plates

Looks like a refubished kar-98 bayonet to a dress bayonet status...

it is a dress bayo

What makes you say this is a dress bayo? This bayonet has a non-removable hilt and all metal parts are blued.

Quote by cogwheel View Post
    What makes you say this is a dress bayo? This bayonet has a non-removable hilt and all metal parts are blued.
    I stand corrected Sorry

ditto

?

I would like to agree with you Cogwheel. Seeing that the blade doesnt have any markings, i would say someone (polizei?) got creative and liked the look of the k98 combat bayo blade combined w/ the dress bayo look. I wonder if there were regulations on this type of thing for polizei units? the problem with that... is that it will be very hard to prove when it was altered, therefore value may decrease. But who cares? Still a very cool bayonet to have IMO. I bet if other people had examples like this to show, then your theory of the polizei using it would be easier for others to agree upon. Thanks for sharing it
    p.s.- Im very suprised at how the grip plates seem to fit so well too