Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

K98k bayonet - fze 41

Article about: Hi, Yesterday i received this nice beautiful bayonet. It's my first bayonet ever i would be happy for your opinion guys

Default K98k bayonet - fze 41

Hi, Yesterday i received this nice beautiful bayonet. It's my first bayonet ever i would be happy for your opinion guys
    K98k bayonet - fze 41
    K98k bayonet - fze 41
    K98k bayonet - fze 41
    K98k bayonet - fze 41
    K98k bayonet - fze 41
    K98k bayonet - fze 41
    K98k bayonet - fze 41
    K98k bayonet - fze 41
    K98k bayonet - fze 41K98k bayonet - fze 41
    K98k bayonet - fze 41
    K98k bayonet - fze 41
    K98k bayonet - fze 41

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98k bayonet - fze 41
    P
    Many

It looks to me like an original WW II era S.84/98 German Wehrmacht bayonet that is matching - which is always a plus. Interesting also is the frog having occasionally but not often seen from U.S. sources (presumably) Depot reworked frogs that were reissued. As well as later on some imports to the U.S. of bayonet frogs that were used and reworked, most likely locally from where they came from. So sometimes with the frogs it's a guessing game. Best Regards, Fred

Nice matching number Holler S84/98, one of the smaller volume makers, but I think it's overshadowed by the interesting late war frog made from recycled/captured leather. Those are very collectable as well. I would think a good first buy all round.

Thanks for so many information guys, I appreciate it

?

Yes a well used S84/98 from Holler 1941 under code 41fze, with old leather rests frog piece. Even here are missing the upper rivets it looks like correct one. b.r.Andy

Díky Andy

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Yes a well used S84/98 from Holler 1941 under code 41fze, with old leather rests frog piece. Even here are missing the upper rivets it looks like correct one. b.r.Andy
    Same overall opinion as Andy, some of these types of ersatz frogs do vary quite a bit depending on the materials at hand, time period etc. etc. while others are more consistent. The example originally posted here looks like a lot of it might have come mostly from a pistol holster. With my apologies for this old (not very good) photo here is a German frog that has been repaired with recycled leather from something else and the most common German style rivets. I've also seen (what is possibly an early example) that used a Czech Army frog that was converted to a relatively close copy of a standard German frog - complete with a tie strap. Best Regards, Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images K98k bayonet - fze 41 

Hello,

these are not replacement frogs ...

These frogs were produced against war-torn people due to the raw material situation and the high consumption of leather from recycled leather. That is why you can often find all the seam or rivet holes. Often the leather was also torn.

I have some of these frogs. If interested, I can show some.

Greetings

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Hello,

these are not replacement frogs ...

These frogs were produced against war-torn people due to the raw material situation and the high consumption of leather from recycled leather. That is why you can often find all the seam or rivet holes. Often the leather was also torn.

I have some of these frogs. If interested, I can show some.

Greetings
    Thanks Sleepwalker ofcourse u can show me some of these frogs i would be happy to see them

Nice plum color in the blade!