Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

KS98 Puma, an engraving on the blade

Article about: Hello, Last time you helped me, saved me from buying a fake bayonet. Please help me again, please take a look at the photo, what do you think, is this bayonet and engraving original or not?

Default KS98 Puma, an engraving on the blade

Hello,

Last time you helped me, saved me from buying a fake bayonet.
    Please help me again, please take a look at the photo, what do you think, is this bayonet and engraving original or not?

KS98 Puma, an engraving on the bladeKS98 Puma, an engraving on the bladeKS98 Puma, an engraving on the bladeKS98 Puma, an engraving on the bladeKS98 Puma, an engraving on the bladeKS98 Puma, an engraving on the bladeKS98 Puma, an engraving on the bladeKS98 Puma, an engraving on the bladeKS98 Puma, an engraving on the blade

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KS98 Puma, an engraving on the blade
    P
    Many

This is better etched, of the Nr 6350 pattern, but I'm a little concerned about the heaviness of the "Z" and "E" capital letters in the inscription, refer example in Techet book all show a much finer thinner letters. A little bit of border bleed at the Helmet end, but that's the only defect I can see.

Do you think this is not an original engraving, but was added after the war?

Here are a few more photos.

KS98 Puma, an engraving on the bladeKS98 Puma, an engraving on the bladeKS98 Puma, an engraving on the bladeKS98 Puma, an engraving on the bladeKS98 Puma, an engraving on the blade

This one below I believe is an authentic etching;

KS98 Puma, an engraving on the blade

That said, it also has some defects. This design is quite common and there does appear to be some variation in those considered authentic. I would give yours a 90% score, but I would be comfortable that it's a good one. But you have to be comfortable with it if you are going to open the wallet.