Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

My new K98 bayonet

Article about: Hello i just want to show you my new bayonet nothing special the numbers don't match but it's still in good condition no rust and that makes me happy

?

Default My new K98 bayonet

Hello i just want to show you my new bayonet nothing special the numbers don't match but it's still in good condition no rust and that makes me happy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new K98 bayonet   My new K98 bayonet  

My new K98 bayonet   My new K98 bayonet  

My new K98 bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new K98 bayonet
    P
    Many

?

Nice find, one of these days I should pick up one of these

Hello,

This 84/98 was reworked in Yugoslavia after 1945 and provided with an additional number on the guard.

Regards

?

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Hello,

This 84/98 was reworked in Yugoslavia after 1945 and provided with an additional number on the guard.

Regards
    Hello, what has been reworked on the bayonet, apart from being a number?

Hello,

The metal has been ground down and re-blued. The parts were mixed up when assembling or no value was given...therefore the original parts do not have the same numbers.
    You can also recognize it by the handles. They don't originally belong to the bayonet and don't really fit either.

Regards

?

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Hello,

The metal has been ground down and re-blued. The parts were mixed up when assembling or no value was given...therefore the original parts do not have the same numbers.
    You can also recognize it by the handles. They don't originally belong to the bayonet and don't really fit either.

Regards
    Thank you for the information I appreciate your help.

The most obvious change with the Yugo re-work bayonet, (apart from the numbers on the cross guard), is the grip plates are changed to Yugo made wood ones. In this case a 44 Holler would have originally had red/brown bakelite grips.

Nice K98 bayonet, Emo.

?

The scabbard could be in origin condition, bayonet as mentioned is a yugoslavian rework, the wood grips are not typical on 44fze early production, most real there were red bakelite grips.

?

Thank you all for your help