Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A pair of 1944 bym bayonets, tossed before they were finished?

Article about: Hi everyone, first post here. I've got an interesting pair of bayonets here made by one of the rarer makers Machinenhaus Ferlach, Austria (bym). What's interesting is that they were never fi

Default A pair of 1944 bym bayonets, tossed before they were finished?

Hi everyone, first post here.

I've got an interesting pair of bayonets here made by one of the rarer makers Machinenhaus Ferlach, Austria (bym). What's interesting is that they were never finished. They were found in the water in Abcoude, the Netherlands. Does anyone a similar unfinished bayonet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A pair of 1944 bym bayonets, tossed before they were finished?
    P
    Many

?

I dont believe the founds were realised in Netherland water, the founds of similar items from bym 4 and 5 were found in Osiacher Sea very near of Ferlach. in boxes in early 60ies. The complete unrealised production of Ferlach probably ended there. How it went to Netherland is other story.

Thanks for the reply Andy, that explains where they came from. Then either the seller fabricated the story or they somehow ended up in the water in the Netherlands.

Interesting pieces and these examples are at a higher level of finish and less corroded than some others seen.

?

I dont known what there is for white color as normally it were only oiled , boxed and it was 15-20 years in mud of sea, so the oxygen was not present there to start any large rust, these are with full completation of press button/locking lug, and 4 for 1944 dated, some are wout this steps done.

?

I also have some pieces of them in the collection -
    Mine are stamped with a 5 number (1945) and it is found in another thread.

?

The ones that came out to the Ossiacher lake are from the E and F block
    Until the D block came out to the Wehrmacht and today to collectors around the world.

Quote by AndyB View Post
    I dont known what there is for white color as normally it were only oiled , boxed and it was 15-20 years in mud of sea, so the oxygen was not present there to start any large rust, these are with full completation of press button/locking lug, and 4 for 1944 dated, some are wout this steps done.
    That works for me. Best Regards, Fred