Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Please help ID dress Bayonet and Dress frog

Article about: i have purchased this Bayonet for 100\\$ never seen frog like this before its authentic the leather is hard and deteriorating slowly im sure is legit along with scabbard and the eagle and deco

Default Please help ID dress Bayonet and Dress frog

i have purchased this Bayonet for 100$ never seen frog like this before its authentic the leather is hard and deteriorating slowly im sure is legit along with scabbard and the eagle and decorations belongs all together from what i can tell its from 78 infantary division dress Bayonet .
    The Bayonet itself might have been swapped previously from eatched one. when first received the bayonet it had yellow oxydation but from touching it and taking the blade out was removes in some parts its still visible in on picture . but still would love to know little more about this style frog and who belonged to .

thank you

Please help ID dress Bayonet and  Dress frog

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help ID dress Bayonet and  Dress frog
    P
    Many

The bayonet appears to be a long model KS98 which would be proper for enlisted men in both the Army & Luftwaffe. The brown frog would typically be seen on a Luft bayonet whereas the Army typically used black.

The eagle insignia looks like it is from a political leader's visor & would not have been used on a frog like this during the period. The same can be said for the numerals & other pins. They are not original to the frog & bayonet rig & were probably added by a returning vet who picked up the bayonet as war booty.

Quote by Billy G View Post
    The bayonet appears to be a long model KS98 which would be proper for enlisted men in both the Army & Luftwaffe. The brown frog would typically be seen on a Luft bayonet whereas the Army typically used black.

The eagle insignia looks like it is from a political leader's visor & would not have been used on a frog like this during the period. The same can be said for the numerals & other pins. They are not original to the frog & bayonet rig & were probably added by a returning vet who picked up the bayonet as war booty.
    I agree with what Billy G has stated.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Indeed Billy. This is actually an interesting example of the Veteran bringback souvenir. The addition of various unrelated badges was the fashion at the time. You can find leather Luger holsters with similar "decorations". The Frog is a parade bayonet one, so correct. Leave the "decorations" on it, it's part of it's history.

thank you guys never seen one like that thats why i thought it was odd. now its explains it . someone put some work to it the eagle is very well fitt to fa frog. i keep it as it is have few other bayonets but this one was unnusual .