Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Replica? Luftwaffe paratroopers knife/bayonet

Article about: Friends, recently I came across a strange bayonet with the design of Luftwaffe forestry knife. Picked it up as never seen information about such item. Foolish idea, of coarse, but can share

?

Default Replica? Luftwaffe paratroopers knife/bayonet

Friends, recently I came across a strange bayonet with the design of Luftwaffe forestry knife. Picked it up as never seen information about such item. Foolish idea, of coarse, but can share with you now.
    Makers Mark: Waffen Loesche Berlin
    Engraving side 1: Fallschirmjäger-Rgt.1
    Engraving side 2: Zur Erinnerung an meine Dienstzeit
    Please find pictures below.
    Dmitriy
    Replica? Luftwaffe paratroopers knife/bayonetReplica? Luftwaffe paratroopers knife/bayonetReplica? Luftwaffe paratroopers knife/bayonetReplica? Luftwaffe paratroopers knife/bayonetReplica? Luftwaffe paratroopers knife/bayonetReplica? Luftwaffe paratroopers knife/bayonetReplica? Luftwaffe paratroopers knife/bayonetReplica? Luftwaffe paratroopers knife/bayonet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Replica? Luftwaffe paratroopers knife/bayonet
    P
    Many

Looks like a mix of items together ..I will move this thread to the Bayonet forum for further review and if deemed Luftwaffe then I will move it back.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello,

I don't think that has much to do with the forest service knife.
    Possibly a production through the arms dealer Loesche Berlin?
    Possibly a subsequent assembly of the blade with a different tang? What does the handle look like from above and below?
    However, you can clearly see that the blade, which may have come from a walking out bayonet, was inserted into the handle.

In any case, there are clear differences to an original forest knife.

Here the blade and the tang are made from one piece.

CH.A.W. is the typical acceptance on a service piece

The Manufacturer Mark

and the typical "H" Marking on the spin of the blade

Thankyou SW ...so this is a bit of an oddity between 2 types of services. Not sure yet where to place it and waiting for Anderson to chime in on the Blade etch to see if its authentic. That might help decide if the etch is true or not.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you Larry C and SW. Sorry for placing item to the Luftwaffe thread - that's really hard to identify where to throw my item in).

Handle of the bayonet can not be separated into two pieces (as on original knife). It is one-piece. I will add pictures of handle and edge later on. Also, I can try to disassemble handle and remove it from the blade.

The original poster's example is a fake. The knife design is "off" in several area's including the profile of the blade, which does not follow the traditional "carbine" style used on the "Luftwaffe forestry" knife. Etching quality is also poor. The maker mark is also different. I have no doubt it's a post war fake, though the frog and scabbard may have come from a real KS98 parade bayonet.
    Sleepwalkers example is of course authentic.

?

Same opinion, the first piece looks like repro, with additional etch which is typical for a KS98 or postwar fakes, the frog and scabbard could be real from dress KS98.

?

For sure, the item that SW showed us is a true gemstone of Waffen Loesche.

?

Replica? Luftwaffe paratroopers knife/bayonetReplica? Luftwaffe paratroopers knife/bayonetReplica? Luftwaffe paratroopers knife/bayonet

I hope it didn't cost you much.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast