Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Robert Klaas Stag Handle Dress Bayonet w/ portapee

Article about: Here’s a nice example of a Stag handled dress bayonet by Robert Klaas. The Blade is in excellent shape, nice frog and portapee. The portapee is marked On the inside strap , just wondering

?

Default Robert Klaas Stag Handle Dress Bayonet w/ portapee

Here’s a nice example of a Stag handled dress bayonet by Robert Klaas.
    The Blade is in excellent shape, nice frog and portapee. The portapee is marked
    On the inside strap , just wondering if that’s a unit marking with a date? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Robert Klaas Stag Handle Dress Bayonet w/ portapeeRobert Klaas Stag Handle Dress Bayonet w/ portapeeRobert Klaas Stag Handle Dress Bayonet w/ portapeeRobert Klaas Stag Handle Dress Bayonet w/ portapeeRobert Klaas Stag Handle Dress Bayonet w/ portapeeRobert Klaas Stag Handle Dress Bayonet w/ portapeeRobert Klaas Stag Handle Dress Bayonet w/ portapeeRobert Klaas Stag Handle Dress Bayonet w/ portapee

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Robert Klaas Stag Handle Dress Bayonet w/ portapee
    P
    Many

As assembled it's walking out side arm for a Luftwaffe NCO. With a grey leather strap it's called a faustriemen, which could be used with a bayonet or sword.
    That's a very nice Robert Klaas KS98, I have a similar Luftwaffe set (Alcoso), but not as nice condition as yours. But I think you should have a brown leather frog.

Robert Klaas Stag Handle Dress Bayonet w/ portapee

?

I assume the Faustriemen is a service one so should be on a S84/98 bayonet, when grey leather part, so it should be NCO on LW.

Hello,

the tassel is not one of them. This is an official piece with the Luftwaffe clothing store acceptance LBAB 39 = Luftwaffe clothing office Berlin 1939.
    This tassel belongs to an official bayonet.

Otherwise you have a nice extra bayonet there.

By 1940, the Luftwaffe's private walking out frogs were chocolate brown, and from 1940 they were black.
    Always in patent leather.

Regards

What is "official" and what happens in practice can vary. Take a look at the thread "They wouldn't wear that" to see odd and unofficial practices where soldiers bend the rules. In my KS98 I have no doubt at all from the uniform patina, tightness of the leather strap knot and creases that the faustriemen has always been with the frog and I would think the KS98. Whether "official" or not. I think with the OP's faustriemen there are no scuff marks or creases in the leather strap, which would be expected if it had been attached to a frog for 80 years, but it's impossible to be sure as it could have been in a drawer or box for most of that time.

?

As mentioned by SW this is a LW Bekleidungs Amt property marked Faustriemen, so should be not used on private items. Offcoarse who joined it postwar is questionable. It doesnt look like long time bind on that frog.

Hello,

It's not about what someone has unofficially put together themselves, but about how it's right. The textbook variant. Other than that, there's no beginning and no end to oddities, and anyone can sell you anything as fact.

The fact is, these tassels were given out free of charge by the Luftwaffe to NCOs as part of their official equipment.

For extra bayonets there were more delicate and beautiful decorative tassels to buy yourself. That would be more appropriate here.

Regards