Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stable found - Untouched complete SG 84/98 III bayonet

Article about: Hallo I have contacts about the SG 84/98 III bayonet in Europe, and these contacts help me find what I'm looking for. In the summer of 2019 in August in Slovenia, the farmer had to expand hi

?

Default Stable found - Untouched complete SG 84/98 III bayonet

Hallo

I have contacts about the SG 84/98 III bayonet in Europe, and these contacts help me find what I'm looking for. In the summer of 2019 in August in Slovenia, the farmer had to expand his barn, and this came to light, a complete SG 84/98 III bayonet from 1940 by E. PACK & S. - Ernst Pack und Söhne. Solingen. It is a matching number and has a nice unsharpened blade and with an original frog. A pristine SG 84/98 III bayonet as a soldier of the Wehrmacht in the Heer division that has left it in the stable. I'm the first collector to own this pristine SG 84/98 bayonet ...

jtns63
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stable found - Untouched complete SG 84/98 III bayonet   Stable found - Untouched complete SG 84/98 III bayonet  

Stable found - Untouched complete SG 84/98 III bayonet   Stable found - Untouched complete SG 84/98 III bayonet  

Stable found - Untouched complete SG 84/98 III bayonet   Stable found - Untouched complete SG 84/98 III bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stable found - Untouched complete SG 84/98 III bayonet
    P
    Many

Love it...Blade is well kept
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Amazing how the blade survived in such pristine condition!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Unless in water a scabbard will preserve a blade well. This is an interesting example with a story. May be possible to research possible units that were in the area.

It's obviously been kept off the ground and hasn't got damp in its time. You might find unit marks on the frog, but not always.

?

The bayonet blade was good preserved, the frog is LW so when not removed from the war, the units was probably from Luftwaffe personell.

?

How can you tell it's an LW frog? - Is it the color? (blue)

LW is brown, but bit hard to tell if that is brown or weathered black. But the main clue is there is no central line of stitching with the LW frog.

?

short center line is typical for LW frog about brown color this is correct only to 1940.

?

I change the equipment colors, it is true that LW frog is brown and otherwise LW equipment is blue in their color, eg bread bag, uniform (clothes), etc. - Thank you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast