Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

an unmarked K98 dress bayonet, need to know if its authentic, help appreciated :)

Article about:

?

Default an unmarked K98 dress bayonet, need to know if its authentic, help appreciated :)

an unmarked K98 dress bayonet, need to know if its authentic, help appreciated :)an unmarked K98 dress bayonet, need to know if its authentic, help appreciated :)an unmarked K98 dress bayonet, need to know if its authentic, help appreciated :)an unmarked K98 dress bayonet, need to know if its authentic, help appreciated :)an unmarked K98 dress bayonet, need to know if its authentic, help appreciated :)an unmarked K98 dress bayonet, need to know if its authentic, help appreciated :)an unmarked K98 dress bayonet, need to know if its authentic, help appreciated :)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement an unmarked K98 dress bayonet, need to know if its authentic, help appreciated :)
    P
    Many

Authentic, pre-Third Reich KS98, 1920's. The use of spanner screws often associated with E Pack & Sohne but these earlier ones may be made by Aesculap. I have one myself with a faux button. These were all steel hilt types.

an unmarked K98 dress bayonet, need to know if its authentic, help appreciated :)

?

awesome, thank you my man!

?

It looks like early KS98 with large screws, could be imperial era or early Weimar. I assume the screws are larger as E.Pack of later period.

?

Quote by AndyB View Post
    It looks like early KS98 with large screws, could be imperial era or early Weimar. I assume the screws are larger as E.Pack of later period.
    WKC used the slightly larger spanner screw that Pack used on their Imperial/weimar pieces.

Ger

?

This screws looks like standart combat bayonet screws used in WW1, possible the piece is different maker as no WKC TM there. I assume the piece is fully attachable and usable on rifle Gew98.

?

Quote by AndyB View Post
    This screws looks like standart combat bayonet screws used in WW1, possible the piece is different maker as no WKC TM there. I assume the piece is fully attachable and usable on rifle Gew98.
    that very well might be true, but i have seen enough unmarked WKC fighting knifes and hunting daggers from lets say 1910-1930.

Ger

These are most likely post WW1, the type of bakelite in both bayonets is early, but has the look of what would be expected in mid 1920's. The KS98 the OP posted is very unlikely to actually be able to fit a Gew98, these are walking out side arms, the mortice slot wasn't functional. And on my one the button doesn't function at all. And of course both are nickel plated.

Picture below is the Imperial era combat version KS98. Note the pressed leather grip plates & drainage hole. Production of these combat KS98 ended in 1914. These were issued to Imperial Troops in the Colonies such as in Africa.

?

Offcoarse there are KS98 with wooden grips and 2 screws, and similar item was used as model configuration on dress item pieces, i personally believe from masive steel handle and functionable locking nut, the piece could be attached on rifle of Mauser98 system, in area of locking nut are remains of black paint, which covered the grip most real, offcoarse it could be too early weimar period production as old material was used for longer period. Possible it could be produced by WKC too, normally the items were TM stamped on ricasso.

Hello,

since these are privately purchased dress bayonets, there are a large number of models and not just certain ones.

These pieces were made between 1915 and 1935.

A pre-1935 production can be recognized by the following points:

steel handle
    long diamonds in the grip scale pattern
    large heads of screws

Regards