Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Youth Knife - Swiss/ Red Cross conversion

Article about: Hi, my grandfather served in WW2 and gave my father a knife similar to a Hitler youth knife. Unfortunately it was stolen and I am looking for some help identifying it so I can hopefully buy

?

Default Hitler Youth Knife - Swiss/ Red Cross conversion

Hi, my grandfather served in WW2 and gave my father a knife similar to a Hitler youth knife. Unfortunately it was stolen and I am looking for some help identifying it so I can hopefully buy a replacement. The knife was similar to a Hitler youth knife in style, but had a serrated portion near the hilt and the Nazi emblem was replaced with a Swiss flag / red cross.

The attached image is the closest I can find online but is missing a serrated portion opposite the blade extending maybe a third of the way from the hilt to the tip of the knife. The blade had no inscription on it.

If anyone recognizes this description and can give me its correct name / origin to help me find a replacement I'd really appreciate it!Hitler Youth Knife - Swiss/ Red Cross conversion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Knife - Swiss/ Red Cross conversion
    P
    Many

The HJ design continued postwar for what was essentially Boy Scout knives. Of course the diamond no longer contained the swaz but the design was otherwise very similar. I believe some of these had diamonds with a Red Cross. My guess is this is the type of knife your grandfather gave your father.