MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is This Helmet Authentic??

Article about: hey guys, trying to figure out if this german helmet i came across is legit. See attached photos and let me know what you think!

?

Default Is This Helmet Authentic??

hey guys, trying to figure out if this german helmet i came across is legit. See attached photos and let me know what you think!

Is This Helmet Authentic??Is This Helmet Authentic??Is This Helmet Authentic??Is This Helmet Authentic??Is This Helmet Authentic??Is This Helmet Authentic??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is This Helmet Authentic??
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

Condition is a little rough but it all looks original.

Cheers,
    Terry

?

thanks! will wait for a few more replies but your reply is greatly appreciated!!

Agree with what Terry has said. Appears to be in original, albeit well used condition but with a nice decal. Oh, and a little hint, Terry has written a couple of books on the topic, so you’re getting pretty sound advice.

Andy

MAP
    ?

Looks good as stated. It's an M42

Still, I would like better photos. Straight on photos of the front, sides, back and top as well as the interior. Also without other distractions in the photos as well as sun /shadows.

Could you also live us the lot number and maker

Here is an example of what we like to see.

M35 DD SS ET64, lot # 4404

I'm interested in seeing what the white strip is.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

When enlarged the white on top the weave reminds me of type medical tape such as Wehrmacht Leukoplast etc. But for what purpose?
    Is This Helmet Authentic??

?

Sorry if this reply posts wrong, still learning the forum. Id love to learn more about this helmet, and its actually one i have the opportunity of purchasing. Out of pure curiosity what do you think a fair price is for this helmet. Now for MAP's question, where can i find the said markings you requested? Il also get some better photos asap.

?

As said it's in rough shape but it's definitely the real deal and looks combat worn ! Most collectors prefer better condition but it really has that desired authentic used feel to it.. not to mention the nice decal to boot! As said

Quote by Kobraz View Post
    Sorry if this reply posts wrong, still learning the forum. Id love to learn more about this helmet, and its actually one i have the opportunity of purchasing. Out of pure curiosity what do you think a fair price is for this helmet. Now for MAP's question, where can i find the said markings you requested? Il also get some better photos asap.
    Look at the inside of the skirt of the helmet, the flared rim. There should be markings in the area where the chinstrap fits into the liner and also at the rear of the helmet. Nice original in used condition. We don't do valuations of items here, but if it is priced at 200€ or less then you have a good deal (in my own opinion).

MAP
    ?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Look at the inside of the skirt of the helmet, the flared rim. There should be markings in the area where the chinstrap fits into the liner and also at the rear of the helmet. Nice original in used condition. We don't do valuations of items here, but if it is priced at 200€ or less then you have a good deal (in my own opinion).
    Kobraz,

look at the link I provided, you will see examples of the markings and what they look like it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast