Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler Youth armband with repurposed material

Article about: Hello members, I would like any information I can get on this armband. I’ve been told it’s pre RZM, pre 1935 by a fellow armband collector whose main focus is Hitler Youth. It’s the fi

?

Default Hitler Youth armband with repurposed material

Hello members, I would like any information I can get on this armband. I’ve been told it’s pre RZM, pre 1935 by a fellow armband collector whose main focus is Hitler Youth. It’s the first I’ve seen in my short time collecting armbands, Sorry these are the only photos until it arrives in the mail. A very interesting construction I think. I think the repurposed material inside is very unusual, but pretty cool looking too, but I’m a newer collector of armbands. I could not find any information trying to research the armband. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth armband with repurposed material   Hitler Youth armband with repurposed material  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth armband with repurposed material
    P
    Many

?

It’s been delivered. Here are better pictures. Already 112 views and not a comment. This must be very unique. Any information at all would be greatly appreciated. I hate to let the story of this band die, if anyone can tell me anything. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth armband with repurposed material   Hitler Youth armband with repurposed material  

Hitler Youth armband with repurposed material   Hitler Youth armband with repurposed material  

Interesting armband, that's for sure...I speculate that it may have been lengthened with added material to fit on an Overcoat Sleeve...
    -Glenn-

Looking at the pics, the band looks like it's been cut from a flag ( the inner side showing this) ?

I agree with Paul,

It looks like it may have been repurposed from a TR flag.

Not uncommon to reuse the fabric for something else other than the original intentions. Shortages of fabric at the end of war for example would be one reason for this to be done. Not sure if this would be pre-1935 manufacture. I would venture to say this was later in the war, possibly towards the end of the war when supplies of just about everything in the Third Reich was scarce.. Just my thoughts...

I really like this armband and would have no issues with it if it were in my collection. It would be really interesting to find out the backstory of the armband..

Smitty

?

Thank you for your comment. From my understanding, it was likely before the RZM strict design specifications, because this would never have been allowed during that time. Although your theory could very well be right too. I do believe the interior is from a TR flag. That has been my theory.

?

Thanks for comment,I do believe the inside is from a printed TR flag too

?

Thanks for your comment. The armband is hand stitched to fit a boy. So it’s been shortened. Likely by a mother for her son in the Hitler Jugend

?

This will give some reference to the size the armband was hand sewn to be. It slides on perfectly.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth armband with repurposed material  

I would agree with Smitty, that this is more than likely later period, not pre RZM period, when resources were stretched, people would have used allsorts, this looks like a good example.
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast