Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Strange Officer Visor HELP

Article about: Hey All! New to the hobby and need some serious help. I just purchased this Officer Visor, in fairly good shape, but there’s quite a few oddities with it, so I’m looking for any and all

Default Strange Officer Visor HELP

Strange Officer Visor HELPHey All! New to the hobby and need some serious help. I just purchased this Officer Visor, in fairly good shape, but there’s quite a few oddities with it, so I’m looking for any and all help! What I’ve gathered so far is:

It’s an early production, possibly pre war.

It appears to have been originally piped orange (police maybe), but has since been piped over with white (tan now).

It passes UV light test, nothing glows.

It has some pretty evident wear to it.

I have a few theories, and most of them are just hopeful. Everything on the cap appears to be of the time period, but it all together seems strange. Could this have been a police officers cap, then repurposed to be an infantry officers? (Not if that was something that took place in the German army). Did someone most likely take a police cap and alter it post war with the Soldiers flower too?The piping sewn on it looks very neat, however. Or did someone make a very convincing fake? I’m new to this form so I will try to get some good pictures posted up here. Thanks again everyone!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange Officer Visor HELP
    P
    Many

If the police, then the Gendarmerie. Orange piping is Gendarmerie. But then the hat band would have to be dark brown. The oak leaves also look weird, not at all like TR, more like early GDR or western German customs. Somehow like a 'Frankenstein' Visor.

Can we please see more photos of the inside and under the sweatband if possible, thank you.
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

Strange Officer Visor HELPStrange Officer Visor HELP

Here are some better pics!

?

The body of the cap looks authentic. It sometimes happened that the pipings of a cap were changed when the owner was transferred to another unit. This could be the case here - just that in this case the "Umbiesen" was not done professionally. As far as I can see the originally orange? (Feldgendarmerie) or copper brown? (Kradschützen) or light brown? (early Nachrichten) piping was quite crudely replaced by a soutache on the upper and lower seam of the cap band and by a cord around the crown (can't see how it is sewn to the cap). The bill also seems to have been resewn. High resolution pictures that can be enlarged would help.