Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband

Article about: Hi all, I came across an armband that is darker than usually seen, does anyone have any experience with such an armband / know why it’s darker than usual please? Were these armbands used f

Thanks TJ. I’m really happy with it, I finally received it yesterday so still admiring it!

I’ve got it displayed on a mannequin, but had to cover it in plastic because of the seemingly endless amount of moths I have living with me!

The underlay of the shoulder board has a little mothing to it, but in places not very visible. So I can’t really see the nips now it’s displayed, hopefully the mothing indicates the shoulder board is original to the coat. Maybe just an unusual fabric was chosen at the time of manufacture.

I love the shirts I’ve bought recently too, I think I’m going to primarily focus on collecting brown shirts and mantels from now on. I find myself looking at the uniform items I’ve bought recently more than other items I have in my collection. They seem to really resonate with me.

Hopefully one day I’ll have a collection that is as nice as the professionals I seek advice from on this forum!

I received the belt I bought for the shirt I got from Ratisbon’s, it has improved the look of the shirt instantly! I will take it out of the plastic this weekend and photograph it for you as promised! Apologies for the delay in doing so, life just takes over.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband   Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband  

Last edited by 3rdreich; 04-22-2023 at 01:39 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband
    P
    Many

Quote by 3rdreich View Post
    Thanks TJ. I’m really happy with it, I finally received it yesterday so still admiring it!

I’ve got it displayed on a mannequin, but had to cover it in plastic because of the seemingly endless amount of moths I have living with me!

The underlay of the shoulder board has a little mothing to it, but in places not very visible. So I can’t really see the nips now it’s displayed, hopefully the mothing indicates the shoulder board is original to the coat. Maybe just an unusual fabric was chosen at the time of manufacture.

I love the shirts I’ve bought recently too, I think I’m going to primarily focus on collecting brown shirts and mantels from now on. I find myself looking at the uniform items I’ve bought recently more than other items I have in my collection. They seem to really resonate with me.

Hopefully one day I’ll have a collection that is as nice as the professionals I seek advice from on this forum!

I received the belt I bought for the shirt I got from Ratisbon’s, it has improved the look of the shirt instantly! I will take it out of the plastic this weekend and photograph it for you as promised! Apologies for the delay in doing so, life just takes over.
    Great brownshirt and coat! I'm sure the shoulder board is period. Maybe they didn't have the exact right color of fabric at hand and then simply used a slightly lighter green. You should turn the brownshirt's eagle buttons properly so that the eagles are properly positioned. I always pay attention to that with my uniforms, it's a bit of a whim on my part, because it looks better then. By the way: Lavender, for example, works quite well against moths, and you can buy it in small bags. Smells good too.

No problem my friend One day you shall have big collection of uniforms. Those PL brownshirts and SA Mantel is great start.

I like to use cedar wood balls with my uniforms, I slip couple balls in same pack where my tunics are
    -TJ-

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4