Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this postcard genuine?

Article about: I ordered a postcard off eBay for 14.99. Is this item genuine. I contacted the seller and he said that all of his postcards are authentic period items. It is a ss hauptsturmführer vandieken

Default Is this postcard genuine?

I ordered a postcard off eBay for 14.99. Is this item genuine. I contacted the seller and he said that all of his postcards are authentic period items. It is a ss hauptsturmführer vandieken postcard.

The following thread explains how to upload photos to your post.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Without photos, we can not help you.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    The following thread explains how to upload photos to your post.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Without photos, we can not help you.
    Ralph.
    Here is the picture of the postcard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this postcard genuine?  

Here is the other picture of it too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this postcard genuine?  

?

I initially thought this one was no good because of how dark it is and the softer image. Some of these Hoffmann postcards have sharp images and others do not look so good. Only found one other Vandieken postcard online but the image was too blurry to tell how sharp it should be. For now I think this one is okay but I would still look at it under UV and magnification.

It is of SS-Hauptsturmführer Anton Vandieken (4.7.1909-29.11.2005) of 6./SS Reiter Regiment 1 then 6./SS Kavallerie Regiment 15.

The eBay user is postcardsale. I contacted them and and one of them said that all of the items for sale are original period items except for the occasional reprint. they have a 99.8% positive feedback. The one negative I saw was not talking about an item being fake(reprint).

?

I would still wait until the postcard was physically in hand to really say if it is a reprint or not. I do not know much about wartime publicity postcards but someone like Hoffmann had to have sold millions across all his products.
    It looks like this seller has a ton of postcards but very few WW2 examples. I did not really care for the clarity and almost muddy of many of the postcards but again I know very little about them. I would field more opinions.

And a word of advice is to take any seller’s feedback ratings with a grain of salt. I could show you a dozen fraud sellers that consistently peddle fake German photographs and none have a rating far from 100%. I can not even fathom how they keep these high ratings other than buyers keep giving them good feedback on fakes cause they do not know any better.

Ben

I will send an update photo when I get it (unless it arrives at ISC Chicago facility) even if it is a fake at least not much was paid for it.
    Last edited by Aoder99; 07-15-2023 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Clarify

Default I just got my postcard today

I just got it today in the mail from Europe.

Here is the postcard it looks a little more “brownish” when you see it in person.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this postcard genuine?   Is this postcard genuine?  

Last edited by Aoder99; 07-25-2023 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Add more details

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast