Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Nsdap nuremberg desk eagle

Article about: Hello Gentleman, I hope you are doing well. I’ve just put this desk eagle on layaway and was wondering what your thoughts are on it please? It looks to be original but unfortunately was de

Default Nsdap nuremberg desk eagle

Hello Gentleman,

I hope you are doing well.

I’ve just put this desk eagle on layaway and was wondering what your thoughts are on it please?

It looks to be original but unfortunately was denazified at some point. However somebody has added a enamel party badge to it which I feel doesn’t look bad.

It has an inscription at the bottom talking about a 15 year jubilee and the eagle itself is RZM marked. The overall height is 37cm.

I know a lot of these desk eagles are not original hence consulting the forum.

Many thanks in advance

Liam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nsdap nuremberg desk eagle   Nsdap nuremberg desk eagle  

Nsdap nuremberg desk eagle   Nsdap nuremberg desk eagle  

Nsdap nuremberg desk eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nsdap nuremberg desk eagle
    P
    Many

I managed to find a sales brochure online that features this design from 1938. RZM M3/100 - Metallwarenfabrik Emmerich & Schöning, Berlin.
    It’s a shame it has been altered postwar but I’m confident it’s original. The RZM logo on the recasts I’ve seen aren’t as crisp as on this piece. I think it will still look good in my collection, so I’m happy with it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nsdap nuremberg desk eagle  

?

Think your observations are right on .
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Thanks Horst.

I didn’t have time to research before I reserved it as I was out of the house.

I didn’t want to hesitate and someone else buy it. So I had to make a quick decision as it was a newly listed item.
    Last edited by 3rdreich; 08-06-2023 at 02:49 PM.

I love those desk Eagles. Period Pieces are really hard to find and overpriced. A shame, that this Beauty has been denazified. It's just like a total damage.

?

Still a very nice piece though.

I agree, it’s really a shame. But at least it survived and wasn’t thrown in the bin after the war.

It isn’t cheap, but I got it for a fair price I think. Team-Militaria sold a variation for €3,290 by the same maker in good condition. I am being charged half that price for mine.

I wonder what is beneath the party badge. It looks like a bolt has been placed through the wreath so I’m wondering if the swastika is intact, and someone just drilled a hole through it.

Once I receive it, I’m not sure if removing the nut at the back of the wreath and taking a look is a good idea or not.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nsdap nuremberg desk eagle   Nsdap nuremberg desk eagle  

Last edited by 3rdreich; 08-07-2023 at 04:26 PM.