Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Real Germany ww1 flag or a fake one?

Article about: Iam going trough my collection with a little more detailed mind I was before. So it try to start to sort out the fakes and try learn to spot them and avoid make mistakes again. So is started

?

Default Real Germany ww1 flag or a fake one?

Iam going trough my collection with a little more detailed mind I was before.
    So it try to start to sort out the fakes and try learn to spot them and avoid make mistakes again.
    So is started to put a bit more afford in this one here. Back when I was a little more careless I bought this WW1 German flag which lets my a bit clueless even after researching. I use the flag book for reference and the Pic from @ww1czechlegion where he shows ww1 fake flags. It seems to me that somehow a few details were mixed together The points whxih mades me suspicious are: the Septer the red dots are more I a line which which indicates according to the Pic from @ww1czechlegion it is an ww1 flag but there the problems starts. The yellow lines which forms thr cross in the wings shouldnt be filled yellow they should be red. The blue pearl on the crown on the head of the eagle is filled Blue which again leads to the WW1 flag.
    The next thing is the yellow R it seems a bit to off. But I didn't find any reference it is still thinner then the fake ones. There are no makings, the measurements are fine with the one in flag book.
    The material feels a bit rough and thick.
    So any ideas what to think about it
    Real Germany ww1 flag or a fake one?Real Germany ww1 flag or a fake one?Real Germany ww1 flag or a fake one?Real Germany ww1 flag or a fake one?Real Germany ww1 flag or a fake one?Real Germany ww1 flag or a fake one?

?

Quote by Mat360 View Post
    Iam going trough my collection with a little more detailed mind I was before.
    So it try to start to sort out the fakes and try learn to spot them and avoid make mistakes again.
    So is started to put a bit more afford in this one here. Back when I was a little more careless I bought this WW1 German flag which lets my a bit clueless even after researching. I use the flag book for reference and the Pic from @ww1czechlegion where he shows ww1 fake flags. It seems to me that somehow a few details were mixed together The points whxih mades me suspicious are: the Septer the red dots are more I a line which which indicates according to the Pic from @ww1czechlegion it is an ww1 flag but there the problems starts. The yellow lines which forms thr cross in the wings shouldnt be filled yellow they should be red. The blue pearl on the crown on the head of the eagle is filled Blue which again leads to the WW1 flag.
    The next thing is the yellow R it seems a bit to off. But I didn't find any reference it is still thinner then the fake ones. There are no makings, the measurements are fine with the one in flag book.
    The material feels a bit rough and thick.
    So any ideas what to think about it
    Real Germany ww1 flag or a fake one?Real Germany ww1 flag or a fake one?Real Germany ww1 flag or a fake one?Real Germany ww1 flag or a fake one?Real Germany ww1 flag or a fake one?Real Germany ww1 flag or a fake one?
    The reference I took
    Real Germany ww1 flag or a fake one?Real Germany ww1 flag or a fake one?

I would suggest taking pictures of your flag outside in daylight as the yellow cast from the indoor lighting makes judging this one difficult.