Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Reichskriegsfahne Real or Fake question

Article about: First of all, hello to everyone here, I am situated in Zolder, Belgium, and I study old maps, cartography and aerial pictures from WW2 and also regional history cartography from even before

Default Reichskriegsfahne Real or Fake question

First of all, hello to everyone here, I am situated in Zolder, Belgium, and I study old maps,
    cartography and aerial pictures from WW2 and also regional history cartography from even before WW1...

I have a birth register from my hometown from the period of the French revolution etc...

I am on the brink of aquaring a flag, from an Antique Store, which was supposedly bought from a Italian collector.

Here, on the forum I studied the examples given and the clues, tips and hints, on how to spot if a Fahne is real...
    For example, the corner stitchings, bleeding, the clothing, the detail of the eagle, etc...

Still, I am not sure, and realize, that in this "minefield" as it is called here, there is never a guarantee...

The pictures that I got:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1671465[/ATTACH

Details of the clothing:

Are there people who can hint me, point me out, or at least in a direction, about what or how this flag
    is, and if at all, it is genuine...

It lacks the detail in the Adler's orb, than again, soms genuine do...
    The crown is somewhat "differently shaped" than others, but than again, I think
    that for the Adler (opposed to the place, colours, dimentions and ratio's for the rest of the flag)
    there where no real "rules, or standards, I THINK...

Who knows more...?

Kind regards, from Belgium,

Flagger79
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichskriegsfahne Real or Fake question  

A minefield indeed. Without manufacturer or depot markings I would be hesitant. Also, this one looks pretty 'postfrisch', which could be a red flag.

I do not collect flags myself but to me it seems to lack the age of what I would have expected of something like this to have. It would be good to see some markings as these do age and really give a better impression of authenticity. I’m sure others will chime in shortly, but in the meantime here are some links from previous forum discussions about imperial flags.

Imperial German Flag help!

https://www.warrelics.eu/google.php?...&sa.x=0&sa.y=0

Thank you for the feedback, I have already read all topics on others who asked for autenticity on their flag... True thing is that it looks fairly proepr and new... Also the part where they hang the flag is cut of it seems,
    and let just that be the part where markings should be, not? I have a real WW2 Reichskriegsfahne, and it has extra support stitchings in the corners... Also the white is slightly yellowed... I also am hesitant on this flag...

I will def. wait for the others to come in...

Thanks in advance!!!

Hello,

What is the size of this flag?

It looks like a small flag that was removed from a small dowel or stick. It looks like the type used by civilians and waved at parades.

Best Wishes,

Alan