Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Third Reich Dagger - J. Dirlam & Söhne, Solingen

Article about: I've been told it's a Third Reich SA Dagger? Any further info about it appreciated. From my Stepdad's collection (Not looking to sell this one). Thanks in advance Bex

Question Third Reich Dagger - J. Dirlam & Söhne, Solingen

I've been told it's a Third Reich SA Dagger? Any further info about it appreciated.
    From my Stepdad's collection (Not looking to sell this one).

Thanks in advance Bex

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Third Reich Dagger - J. Dirlam & Söhne, Solingen
    P
    Many

Hi! Seems to me an original SA dagger, also by a rare maker, a pity that the blade is in such bad condition

Nacho

Ultra rare SA dagger that was deemed a rarity scale of being a 10 at 2009 standards..is even more than that now..ultra rare ...nice find.

The blade might clean up a little bit with some simichrome at least to take off the topical grime.
    Nice find on a rare producer

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Yeah try something on that blade as suggested. Simichrome or Kroil should take some of the grunge off. Appears hilt/guards may be of the plated type. Ihad an S/A dagger which appeared to be an earlier variant with solid nickel guards which I heard were produced in the early years. Unfortunately stolen GRRR in a break. Replaced with an NSKK with black sheath later on. Thanks for sharing your example.

MAP
    ?

If you clean it with simichrome, best to ask for advice on how to do it so you don't over clean it.
    Last edited by MAP; 10-09-2023 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Autocorrect typo
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Good suggestion from MAP. Sure don't want to use anything abrasive I would say. Yep "cleaning" can be a dangerous word in military collectibles. Good luck with your dagger.

Thanks all, I told him about the suggestion of Simichrome or Kroil, though he said he'd rather not risk doing it wrong. Honestly, he's just had it "chucked" in a cabinet draw for years I've now tidied the draw up and put it in nicely, so everything has it's own space haha!