Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polizei M40 DD SE62

Article about: Hello all, I'm looking at eventually securing a nice Polizei stahlhelm example in the future and I'd like your thoughts around this M40 DD example I've seen for sale with a well-established

?

Question Polizei M40 DD SE62

Hello all,

I'm looking at eventually securing a nice Polizei stahlhelm example in the future and I'd like your thoughts around this M40 DD example I've seen for sale with a well-established dealer.

He's disclosed that the split pins have been replaced at some point, as they're crooked and marked '1944' (see images) and the drawstring is also a replacement. My question is, would the pins have been replaced during the war? I can easily understand why a drawstring would need replacing, but I have read that a replaced liner/pins isn't always necessarily a good sign...

Do let me know your thoughts!

- Gumrum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polizei M40 DD SE62   Polizei M40 DD SE62  

Polizei M40 DD SE62   Polizei M40 DD SE62  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizei M40 DD SE62
    P
    Many

Basically it is a negative aspect if the liner is swapped and most of the times impossible to say when.
    I would say that the chance it being a wartime change is much much lower than post war change.
    If it costs a lot of money stay with text book untouched stuff,

?

Thanks for your wisdom as always Frank! I'm not in the market to buy right now... However, I shall definitely take your advice and steer clear from non-textbook helmets when I do eventually bite the bullet and buy myself another helmet!