Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Plain Helmet marked EF64

Article about: Another from my stepdad's collection which I'm gathering information on. A plain helmet, marked EF64 (is that related to the size?) and a looks like a 55. I've tried to work out which model

Question Plain Helmet marked EF64

Another from my stepdad's collection which I'm gathering information on.

A plain helmet, marked EF64 (is that related to the size?) and a looks like a 55. I've tried to work out which model it is but honestly I haven't got a clue, google lens comes up with various, mainly; M40 & M42 ? The liner is a bit tatty in this one.

Any confirmation of authenticity and further information about it greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Bex.

Plain Helmet marked EF64

Plain Helmet marked EF64

Plain Helmet marked EF64

Plain Helmet marked EF64

Plain Helmet marked EF64

Plain Helmet marked EF64

Plain Helmet marked EF64

Plain Helmet marked EF64

Plain Helmet marked EF64

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Plain Helmet marked EF64
    P
    Many

?

You need to take shots level with the helmet front back and both sides for a proper evaluation. The pics from the top distort the view. From these images it looks like the helmet has been repainted. The helmet guys will be along shortly and clarify. Good luck.

FYI - Two piece vent hole construction and rolled rim edges = M35, one piece vent hole construction and rolled rim edges = M40, flared rim edges (not rolled) = M42.
    Regards, Al

Thanks Aldo, I'll get some level ones and update soon - I did notice I hadn't taken any as I was uploading them, which is definitely not very helpful to see it properly.

TWS
    ?

The paint does not appear to be period original.

Yes, the "64" is the size of the helmet shell in centimeters. The "EF" is the manufacturer. In this case, Emaillerwerke AG, Fulda.

There are a variety of primers available on the web to learn about German helmets. I would also check out our own member Schwerpunkt's website as well as just reading through this forum and learning from the many nice original examples that members have shared.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

The serif font indicates an early run and the lot # seems to me to be 455 which is pretty early too.

Ahh I see, thank you! So the paint is likely not original, but the helmet itself is?

I managed to get a few more pics today:

Plain Helmet marked EF64

Plain Helmet marked EF64

Plain Helmet marked EF64

Plain Helmet marked EF64

Plain Helmet marked EF64

yes post war painted.

Definitly repainted, the inside looks... black? Could be that it got used as a post-war fire police helmet, or it got otherwise repainted. The liner is definitly Original, but impossible to tell if it belongs to that helmet.

MAP
    ?

Paint looks relatively recent
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Paint looks relatively recent
    What would you consider as recent in terms of decade?
    My stepdad has owned this for got to be well over 25+ years, just been sat in a cupboard.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast