Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Swas Stickpin - NSDAP Supporter's. Stamped. Mobile - Info / Authenticity?

Article about: Heya all, this is a fairly large/long stickpin from my stepdad's collection. Doing some basic looking up, I think it may be an early NSDAP supporter's pin, but not entirely sure. The swas is

Default Swas Stickpin - NSDAP Supporter's. Stamped. Mobile - Info / Authenticity?

Heya all, this is a fairly large/long stickpin from my stepdad's collection.
    Doing some basic looking up, I think it may be an early NSDAP supporter's pin, but not entirely sure.
    The swas is not hard-fixed to the pin and it has some stamps on it, but no idea what they stand for.
    Any help muchly appreciated.
    Thanks, Bex.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swas Stickpin - NSDAP Supporter's. Stamped. Mobile - Info / Authenticity?
    P
    Many

?

The stamps or hallmarks are not something you would find on a TR item or NSDAP. Neither is the flexible hinged pin. I think this is a pre war fashion or ornamental piece used as a symbol of good luck or good fortune before the Nazi regime corrupted the symbol of the Hakenkreuse. There are many examples of the symbol used by America, England, Buddhists, Native Americans just to name a few. Just my opinion
    Regards, Al

?

It's an English piece going by the hall marks.
    Second from left is a Lion passant which is the standard mark and the stamp that is second from right that is in the shape of a shield looks like it might be a sword erect between three wheatsheaves which would be the town mark, in this case Chester.
    I can't tell what the stamps to the extreme left and right are from the images.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Agree with Adrian. It's English. The Walking lion stands for Sterling Silver (925).

Quote by Aldo View Post
    The stamps or hallmarks are not something you would find on a TR item or NSDAP. Neither is the flexible hinged pin. I think this is a pre war fashion or ornamental piece used as a symbol of good luck or good fortune before the Nazi regime corrupted the symbol of the Hakenkreuse. There are many examples of the symbol used by America, England, Buddhists, Native Americans just to name a few. Just my opinion
    You are right when you say that the symbol of the swastika is very old and has appeared in many cultures around the world. The Nordic and Central European Germanic peoples also used this symbol as a symbol of the sun and good luck. Incidentally, long before it appeared in England, because one must not forget that Germanic tribes only settled the British Isles comparatively late and that Celtic peoples had previously predominated there and, as far as I know, did not use the symbol.

Wow thanks everyone for the help with this, I will have to get this one out again and have a closer inspection to match up the hallmarks with those in the guide Bichon linked. No wonder it didn't quite match the looks and size of the other early NSDAP supporter's pins I was comparing it with haha.

?

Twenty years of watching Bargain Hunt and finally I realise my time wasn't wasted.....

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....