Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Black Forest Armband Identification. IS THIS REAL?

Article about: Hello all. I picked this armband up at an antique store. It was supposedly passed down by the owner's grandfather. Just wondering as to the legitimacy of it. I think it looks real, but I wou

Default Black Forest Armband Identification. IS THIS REAL?

Black Forest Armband Identification. IS THIS REAL?Black Forest Armband Identification. IS THIS REAL?Black Forest Armband Identification. IS THIS REAL?Black Forest Armband Identification. IS THIS REAL?Black Forest Armband Identification. IS THIS REAL?

Hello all. I picked this armband up at an antique store. It was supposedly passed down by the owner's grandfather. Just wondering as to the legitimacy of it. I think it looks real, but I would like a second opinion from someone with more knowledge. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black Forest Armband Identification. IS THIS REAL?
    P
    Many

It's an original armband, but it was certainly not "removed from a German soldier", as they didn't wear them... Another issue is the Price -This is at the very most a $150 Piece, so you definitely overpaid here...I advise checking with the Forum before you spend your money, friend...

?

I was thinking he same thing GlennAgain, Ajd8281, one of the unspoken rules of collecting is 'Buy the item, not the story' without provenance that's all it is, a story, several threads contain outright fakes that Grandpa or Uncle so and so supposedly picked up off a dead soldier.. There are some Dooo-sies... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    I was thinking he same thing GlennAgain, Ajd8281, one of the unspoken rules of collecting is 'Buy the item, not the story' without provenance that's all it is, a story, several threads contain outright fakes that Grandpa or Uncle so and so supposedly picked up off a dead soldier.. There are some Dooo-sies... G

Understood. He had me when he showed me the wiki page of his family member and I guess I was stunned at how nice the band looked. Thanks for the advice fellas.

ok. Thanks for letting me know. I thought that the SS wore the armbands in some battles so wasn't sure about it.

On the Plus Side - It's Original and will display nicely...

Thanks Glenn. Your right. Its striking every time i look at it . Great peice.

?

To the best of my knowledge the Schwarzwald (Black Forest) in South Western Germany was liberated by the French Army in March/April 1945, not by American forces in September 1944, when they were busy in the Hürtgenwald near Aachen, several hundreds of miles north. So forget the whole story.

Interesting. I didn't know that. Thank you for the information.