Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Royal Artillery Flash MK2 Brodie

Article about: Hello and a Happy New Year all! I'm wondering if I might have the input of our resident brodie experts around this (seemingly) nice example of a Royal Artillery MK2 brodie, which appears to

?

Question Royal Artillery Flash MK2 Brodie

Hello and a Happy New Year all!

I'm wondering if I might have the input of our resident brodie experts around this (seemingly) nice example of a Royal Artillery MK2 brodie, which appears to still feature its red and blue 'flash'.

I'm looking at beginning to pick up some brodies with 'character', i.e. not just the generic brodies that we see many examples of and I'd consider this piece to have that 'character' I'm looking for...

Keen to hear our thoughts on this piece and whether it's in keeping with what we'd expect from an original piece. I'd also welcome anyone's knowledge around the flash and why it seems that the Royal Artillery made frequent use of applying these identifying 'flashes', whilst many other branches seemingly did not (from what I can see)

Thanks for your time!

- GumrumRoyal Artillery Flash MK2 Brodie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Artillery Flash MK2 Brodie   Royal Artillery Flash MK2 Brodie  

Royal Artillery Flash MK2 Brodie   Royal Artillery Flash MK2 Brodie  

Royal Artillery Flash MK2 Brodie   Royal Artillery Flash MK2 Brodie  

?

Nice helmet, and original RA flash.
    They were the most prolific in adding badges/flash to their helmets.