Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial Stirnpanzer

Article about: Hi everyone, I would like your thoughts on this Stirnpanzer that''s for sale. There are no visible markings since it is a relic. But with al the fakes around I would like your opinion on thi

Default Imperial Stirnpanzer

Hi everyone,

I would like your thoughts on this Stirnpanzer that''s for sale. There are no visible markings since it is a relic. But with al the fakes around I would like your opinion on this one. The seller claims it was found in Poland and will ship from there.

Thx and cheers,

Paul

Imperial Stirnpanzer

Imperial Stirnpanzer

Imperial Stirnpanzer

Imperial Stirnpanzer

Imperial Stirnpanzer

Imperial Stirnpanzer

Imperial Stirnpanzer

Imperial Stirnpanzer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Stirnpanzer
    P
    Many

I'm sure the stirnpanzer officianados will be along, but as an observation there is no lower brow to the front of the stirnpanzer plate which I have seen on originals.

However, I'm can't recall how many different manufacturers there were, so this one might be good. The absence of any marks is a nuisance but of course a hazard of acquiring an item in relic condition.

?

I’m certainly no expert, or a metallurgist, but this almost looks as if it was made ‘as a relic’ - if that makes any sense, or is even possible. Of course, this may simply be due to the treatment it has received since recovery.
    It seems odd to me that the thinnest parts, the cutouts and strap slots, are still so well defined. Could it, perhaps, be a rough sand cast?
    By all means wait for someone who knows what they’re talking about!

Thx for the swift replies so far. I lean toward the opinion of Kohima. It looks like the metal is cast, which they never were and artificially aged with chemicals.

Hi Paul, to my mind it looks like a very crude casting. The front doesn’t appear to have the correct slightly outward deflection (could be the poor photos) and the cutouts for the vent lug should have a rounded top whereas at least one looks a little squared off. I’d be interested to know how much it weighs keeping in mind these weighed 2 kilos. Not really a fan of this one.

Andy

Thanks Andy,

According to the seller it weighs 2083 gram. The weigh should correct. I think I pass. To many red flags. In a few months I’ll travel to the Argonne Forest and will visit some dealer in Verdun. I k ow they have legit stuff and maybe a nice Stirnpanzer’. Thanks again.

Cheers Paul