Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

"Horrido" Binoculars with FJR inside a Star of David?

Article about: Esteemed Board Members, My grandfather has moved on, and he left me some binoculars that I need help to identify. I know, as a background story, that my grandfather has traded a few things w

Default "Horrido" Binoculars with FJR inside a Star of David?

Esteemed Board Members,

My grandfather has moved on, and he left me some binoculars that I need help to identify.

I know, as a background story, that my grandfather has traded a few things with German soldiers after the war ended, such as s Luger gun for 6 eggs. I suspect this might be a thing he swapped.

I've researched as much as I could, and I have learned that the "Horrido" appears to be a war cry or victory call, used by Luftwaffe. I presume then that FJR means "Fallschirms-Jäger-Regiment", but what I am very curious about is what appears to be the Star of David surrounding the FJR.

If anyone can cast some light on this, I will be very grateful. Attached are some pictures."Horrido" Binoculars with FJR inside a Star of David?"Horrido" Binoculars with FJR inside a Star of David?"Horrido" Binoculars with FJR inside a Star of David?"Horrido" Binoculars with FJR inside a Star of David?"Horrido" Binoculars with FJR inside a Star of David?

Many thanks,

HungryHistorian.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Horrido" Binoculars with FJR inside a Star of David?
    P
    Many

Horrido"Horrido" Binoculars with FJR inside a Star of David?

?

HUNTER Language = Horrido
    Exclamation used by hunters instead of high
    Furthermore, a Star of David (Jewish Star) is unlikely to have been used as the coat of arms of a Luftwaffe/Wehrmacht unit in the period up to 1945.

My opinion, civilian production before 1935..

I agree with the above...possibly even Austro-Hungarian - FJR - Franz Joseph Rex...

?

Those are old, very old. Pre-WWII. To me, they look like French field glasses used in WWI. The Star of David was used as a sign of quality in Imperial Germany and Horrido was a battle cry of hunters, supposedly used in WWI by Jägers. My very limited knowledge guess is these were French field glasses captured during WWI. Someone in a Jäger battalion either did the capturing, or bartered for them, and then inscribed the Horrido and FJR. IDK what the FJR means. It could be anything.