Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial German helmet with mimikri camo with battle damage

Article about: Hi everyone, I won this helmet on auction a few months back. A ET64. I can't remember of putting it on the forum before. Very dry camo and an impact of a schrapnell ball on the left side tha

Default Imperial German helmet with mimikri camo with battle damage

Hi everyone,

I won this helmet on auction a few months back. A ET64. I can't remember of putting it on the forum before. Very dry camo and an impact of a schrapnell ball on the left side that destroyed the venthorn. The impact wasn't fatal but must have given a hell of a headache. Also there a little holes font and back on the skirt. Possibly for hanging on the wall or for a rope or chain to hang it and put plants into it.

I hope you like it.

Cheers Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial German helmet with mimikri camo with battle damage
    P
    Many

Very nice Paul, certainly looks like the right size for a shrapnel ball. Hopefully the wearer was not hit by any other ones.

This one has a great look to it and good to find one with nice dry paint as this is how they mostly were when originally painted. Looks like it may have sat on the battlefield for a short while before being picked up perhaps. I read in Ernst Junger’s book Storm of Steel, that he was hit by a projectile and it knocked him off his feet such was the force. I agree regarding the impact most likely may have popped the vent lug out. I have an M35 where the rivet was also popped out. This one certainly has real lot of character. Congratulations!

Andy

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    This one has a great look to it and good to find one with nice dry paint as this is how they mostly were when originally painted. Looks like it may have sat on the battlefield for a short while before being picked up perhaps. I read in Ernst Junger’s book Storm of Steel, that he was hit by a projectile and it knocked him off his feet such was the force. I agree regarding the impact most likely may have popped the vent lug out. I have an M35 where the rivet was also popped out. This one certainly has real lot of character. Congratulations!

Andy
    Thx for your kind words. I add hereby two pictures of the impact. I put in a schrapnell ball, that I found on the Verdun battlefield near fort de Vaux, at the point of impact. The size fits like a glove. In my opinion a schrapnell ball did hit the helmet.

Cheers Paul

MAP
    ?

I'm sure that lug popped out from the impact.

Great helmet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

For sure the owner would have heard that one hit!