Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

3rd pattern arbeitsbuch?

Article about: Today I bought 3x arbeitsbuch. 2 times the 1st pattern and 1 2nd pattern. He advertised it as a 2nd pattern, but I immediately noticed some things. The claws are bigger, the swastika is smal

Default 3rd pattern arbeitsbuch?

Today I bought 3x arbeitsbuch. 2 times the 1st pattern and 1 2nd pattern. He advertised it as a 2nd pattern, but I immediately noticed some things. The claws are bigger, the swastika is smaller and the font is different. Then it popped up in my mind, could this be a 3rd pattern?
    Is it an original 3rd pattern arbeitsbuch? I could've made a mistake because I was very enthusiastic.

The date the arbeitsbuch was taken in use '21 november 1944' and it has a stamp which says ersatzbuch für das unbrauchbare - verlorengegangene - arbeitsbuch (maybe lost during a bombing?)

3rd pattern arbeitsbuch?
    3rd pattern arbeitsbuch?
    3rd pattern arbeitsbuch?
    3rd pattern arbeitsbuch?
    3rd pattern arbeitsbuch?

Regards, Alexander

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3rd pattern arbeitsbuch?
    P
    Many

Indeed this "Ersatz Arbeitsbuch" has some irregularities, but IMO its an authentic item. These books are very common and I dont know, why anyone should fake such a low priced item for a hand of bucks.

You name it an 'ersatzbuch' (like it says in the stamp). But it is a 3rd type right? Is there a difference between an 'ersatzbuch' and a normal 3rd type?
    You say it's a common piece, but some say the 3rd type is a rare piecie. Is it less common than the 1st and 2nd pattern so it's considered rare?

An Ersatzbuch is a duplicate, which you get, if you loose the original one. What do you mean with 3rd type? These Arbeitsbücher from the Weimar Republic and the 3rd Reich are very common, cause people kept them as proof for their pension. I have never seen such a Ersatz Arbeitsbuch before.

I meant 3rd pattern. You had 3 types. 1st one from 1935, 2nd one from 1939 and a 3rd type (which is supposed to be rare) from 1944. I saw a 3rd pattern one on militariaplaza (well known militaria site) for 100 euros and they said hard to find/rare

I checked the website, and now know, what you mean. Yes seems to be the 3rd pattern. Probably the owner has lost the one with the 2nd pattern and get an Ersatz end of war. But 100 Euro are trader prices......you know. But yes this type is not very common.

Quote by Reichscollector View Post
    I meant 3rd pattern. You had 3 types. 1st one from 1935, 2nd one from 1939 and a 3rd type (which is supposed to be rare) from 1944. I saw a 3rd pattern one on militariaplaza (well known militaria site) for 100 euros and they said hard to find/rare
    Huh. Another one I have to get! Not at that crazy price though!

I also thought a 100 euros is a bit expensive, so I hoped I would come across one one day for a small price. Today I saw this one with 2x 1st pattern arbeitsbuch (all in great condition) for only 24 euro. So only 8 euros for this 3rd pattern. I have to say it's a very nice price for an item which isn't that common! Finally I have some luck too

I don't care for the font.

Me neither really but because of the font I thought wait it's not a normal one. For me the font doesn't matter too, an arbeitsbuch is an arbeitsbuch so font doesn't make it a different item. Or isn't that what you mean?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast