Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gerbj Soldbuch to Hermann Frick

Article about: Hi guys here I have a Gerbj soldbuch to Hermann Frick. He was awarded the Westwall, BwB, Ek2 and the romanian medal with Caucasus spange. I have love this particular book and have a thing fo

Default Gerbj Soldbuch to Hermann Frick

Hi guys here I have a Gerbj soldbuch to Hermann Frick. He was awarded the Westwall, BwB, Ek2 and the romanian medal with Caucasus spange. I have love this particular book and have a thing for Gerbj, although this is my only book of one. Interesting entry on first page listed as Reiter. And a red/pink stamp on the photo. I dont recall what that stamp is though. Anyway, enjoy! Again, if you have any additional information, id love to see it!

-Rose

Gerbj Soldbuch to Hermann FrickGerbj Soldbuch to Hermann FrickGerbj Soldbuch to Hermann FrickGerbj Soldbuch to Hermann FrickGerbj Soldbuch to Hermann FrickGerbj Soldbuch to Hermann Frick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gerbj Soldbuch to Hermann Frick
    P
    Many

Gerbj Soldbuch to Hermann FrickGerbj Soldbuch to Hermann FrickGerbj Soldbuch to Hermann FrickGerbj Soldbuch to Hermann FrickGerbj Soldbuch to Hermann Frick

Thanks for looking! Any additional information is always welome. -Rose

Default display

Here is how I do my displays..

OF NOTE.... NO that is NOT the actual soldbuch in there. Its a scan of the inside that I made to size printed and glued to cardboard to look like it.. The real one is in a safe. I was able to find a romanian medal with the caucasus spange.

Enjoy! -Rose

Another nice Soldbuch. I corresponded with Erich a lot in the past. His ephemera collection was impressive, we had lost touch. It was a surprise to see his name again.

?

Hello rheppler, I like it!
    Regards,
    Peeloo

Hi Rose.

Really great Soldbuch, thanks for sharing it with us.

I really like the entry for the Romanian Crusade Against Communism Medal with Caucasus spange.

4. Gebrigs Division -

4. Gebirgsdivision - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

The Division marched over 10,800km, with 10,800 killed and 2,452 missing.

4. Gebirgs Division 1944/45 | WW2Talk

The German push into the Caucasus Mountains during the Second World War, August 1942 — January 1943.

A map of the German 1st ("Edelweiß") and 4th ("Enzian") Mountain Divisions' advance into the Caucasus mountains in 1942

A detailed map of the German 4th ("Enzian") Mountain Division's supply columns in 1942. Note the furthest point of advance towards Sukhum on the Black Sea ("Achiboch P.")

batsav | the german push up into the caucasus mountains

I have a modest collection of death cards for members of 4. Gebirgs and thought I would share this example to a soldier from a different Company of the Reconnaissance unit.

Name: Josef Hainzl
    Birth Date: 3 August 1921
    Birth Place: Neuötting Obb
    Military Unit: 1./Radfahrer-Schwadron einer Aufklärungs-Abteilung 94
    Death Date: 18 November 1941
    Death Place: 12km Nordw Dmitrijewka

His cause of death is simply listed as Gefallen (Killed in action)

Josef Hainzl has not yet been transferred to a military cemetery set up by the Volksbund.

According to the information available to us, his grave is currently in the following place: Dmitrijewka / Gebiet Stalino - Ukraine

Aufklärungs-Abteilung 94
    Radfahr-Abteilung 94
    Die Aufklärungs-/Radfahr-Abteilung 94 des Heeres

Kind regards,

Will.
    Last edited by Willmore; 03-19-2024 at 06:43 PM.

Nice stuff you posted there, thanks! I love mountain related stuff, and was thinking that it may be an area Id like to expand in with soldbucher. I want to try to find more 4 Gebirgs but specifically his regiment 13 and maybe even down to his company which I believe was 5th. I can say finding a Romanian medal with the Caucasus bar was pretty tedious, it doesnt appear very common to find. At the time i only

-Rose

Hi Rose.

No worries. Me too, I have an interest in 1. Gebirgs Division, but as they fought with 4. Gebirgs there is a bit of a cross over, hence why I have a few death cards to members of the Division. That would be great if you did focus on Gebirgsjäger Regiment 13 and you do see documents etc come up for the Regiment from time to time. I have heard that finding the Romanian medal with a Caucasus bar is quite a challenge. Maybe a lot of them were discarded by the original recipients after the war.

I don't have any death cards to members of 5./Kompanie Gebirgsjäger Regiment 13, but here are examples to members of 1, 4, 11 and 14th companies.

Name: Johann Haslinger
    Birth Date: 24 October 1920
    Birth Place: Hauptmannsberg
    Military Unit: 1./Kompanie Gebirgsjäger Regiment 13
    Death Date: 18 April 1943
    Death Place: Mÿschako Berg, CA. 6km Südwestl. Noworossisk

Johann Haslinger has not yet been transferred to a military cemetery set up by the Volksbund.
    According to the information available to us, his grave is currently in the following place: Schirokaja Balka - Russland.

Name: Heinrich Rothmaier
    Birth Date: 28 September 1922
    Birth Place: Kleinreichertshofen Pfaffenhofen
    Military Unit: 4./Kompanie Gebirgsjäger Regtiment 13
    Death Date: 20 April 1943
    Death Place: Mÿschako-Berg. CA. 6 Km Südwestl. Noworossijsk

Heinrich Rothmaier is recorded by name on a natural stone stele in the military cemetery in Krasnodar-Apscheronsk set up by the Volksbund.

Name: Franz Hocheder
    Birth Date: 16 Febuary 1923
    Birth Place: Piding
    Military Unit: 11./Kompanie Gebirgsjäger Regiment 13
    Death Date: 30 January 1944
    Death Place: Skitka
    Mother: Maria Hocheder

Franz Hocheder has not yet been transferred to a military cemetery set up by the Volksbund.
    According to the information available to us, his grave is currently in the following place: Skitka - Ukraine.

Name: Johann Striegl
    Birth Date: 15 May 1922
    Birth Place: Hölsbrunn
    Military Unit: 14./Kompanie Gebirgsjäger Regiment 13
    Death Date: 10 November 1942
    Death Place: Neftjanaja Gebirgs Feldlazarett 54

Johann Striegl has probably been transferred as an unknown soldier to the military cemetery Krasnodar-Apscheronsk.

Kind regards,

Will.

Nice set there and All so young, 20-23. I believe I saw a soldbuch for sale that was in regt 13 but a different company and Division. If i see any for 1 division Ill let you know! I search sites daily and wish there was a list of sites that carry mostly soldbuchs. Anyhow, off to my searches! -Rose

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast