Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Help with some Soldbuch entries to Obergefreiter Ludwig Burgstaller

Article about: Hi all, I am hoping the forum may be able to help me with this soldbuch, it’s to Obergefreiter Ludwig Burgstaller who served with the 486 Infantry Regiment/262 Infantry Division in Russia

?

Default Help with some Soldbuch entries to Obergefreiter Ludwig Burgstaller

Hi all,

I am hoping the forum may be able to help me with this soldbuch, it’s to Obergefreiter Ludwig Burgstaller who served with the 486 Infantry Regiment/262 Infantry Division in Russia until he was severely injured in September (awarded the Black then Silver wound badges) and went on to serve with a Security Unit, the Sicherungs-Bataillon 676. The sellers write up says this security unit operated with partisans in the Naples area and these security units were notorious for the atrocities against civilians during anti partisan operations. Has anyone have any information on this unit?

He was also awarded the Iron Cross 2nd Class (dated April 1942).

Can any forum member help me with the translations on page 3; page 12 and 13 on the date 21/11/42 which is possibly Sutterlin German but I’m not sure and finally the word at the bottom of page 8b just beefier the date 26.5.44.

Many thanks in advance,

Russ
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with some Soldbuch entries to Obergefreiter Ludwig Burgstaller   Help with some Soldbuch entries to Obergefreiter Ludwig Burgstaller  

Help with some Soldbuch entries to Obergefreiter Ludwig Burgstaller   Help with some Soldbuch entries to Obergefreiter Ludwig Burgstaller  

Help with some Soldbuch entries to Obergefreiter Ludwig Burgstaller   Help with some Soldbuch entries to Obergefreiter Ludwig Burgstaller  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with some Soldbuch entries to Obergefreiter Ludwig Burgstaller
    P
    Many

He served with Sicherungs-Btl 676 in 1944 and by then they were in the Ancona area. The two entries at the top of page 3 just confirm the promotion entries that will be seen on page 1 while the pencil writing seems to state that he is being held as a PoW from 31st April 1945 in the Padua-Venice area before going to Ancona but the writing is hard to make out so I could be wrong.

I can't make out what it says on page 12 & 13 but as he was in various hospitals from 3rd September 1942 to 5th February 1943 it will relate to his injuries/recovery.

?

I think, on 26.5.44, he was issued a field dressing pack.

?

Thanks hucks216, I appreciate your reply.

?

And thank you Kohima.