Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Help with units - Obergefreiter / SS-Rottenfuhrer Hesse

Article about: Hi all, I would appreciate some help in identifying those units listed in the Wehrpass of the above Luftwaffe/SS soldier. I am particularly interested in ‘1. (H) 14/Pz’ (14th Panzer Divi

?

Default Help with units - Obergefreiter / SS-Rottenfuhrer Hesse

Hi all,

I would appreciate some help in identifying those units listed in the Wehrpass of the above Luftwaffe/SS soldier. I am particularly interested in ‘1. (H) 14/Pz’ (14th Panzer Division??), mainly because it was with this unit he was with longest.

Unfortunately no awards, decorations or wounds are listed so his units may show if he served outside the heimat.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

RussHelp with units - Obergefreiter / SS-Rottenfuhrer HesseHelp with units - Obergefreiter / SS-Rottenfuhrer HesseHelp with units - Obergefreiter / SS-Rottenfuhrer HesseHelp with units - Obergefreiter / SS-Rottenfuhrer HesseHelp with units - Obergefreiter / SS-Rottenfuhrer Hesse

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with units - Obergefreiter / SS-Rottenfuhrer Hesse
    P
    Many

1.(H)/14 is a reconnaissance staffel of Aufklärungsgruppe 14 which was equipped with the Henschel 126 and conducted tactical reconnaissance for panzer units. Judging from his following units he was ground crew as he seems to of served in the technical units of flying schools etc until he was drafted in to the SS to guard the Mittlebau-Dora concentration camp from May 1944 until he was transferred to Sachsenhausen in January 1945 (he was also at Sachsenhausen on 3rd September 1944). The lower signature on page 22 is that of war criminal August Kolb which is a very common signature to see in these types of late war transferee WP.

?

Thanks you hucks216 for that very interesting reply, it's much appreciated!

I gather this unit fought in both the Polish and French campaigns before leaving for the Balkans and then southern Russia.

Thanks again,

Russ

It did but he wasn't with it for the Polish & French campaigns, only joining it in August 1940. This is where his unit was based while he was with it (courtesy of Aufklärungsgruppe 14 )but the campaign listing in the Wehrpass will give a more detailed view of what campaigns it was involved with:

Auxerre, 7.40 - 9.40
    Le Puilts-Berault, 9.40 - 10.40
    Etrepagny, 10.40 - 2.41
    Craiova, 2.41 - 11.3.41
    Novo Selczi, 11.3.41 - 25.3.41
    Larissa, 4.41 - 5.41
    Kitzingen, 5.41 - 7.41
    Kosina, 10.7.41 - 12.8.41
    Royan, 22.8.41 - 11.9.41 [Operation Felix]
    Grodno, 9.41
    Ponjatowka, 9.41
    Schubowka, 10.41
    Cholm, 11.41 - 12.41
    Stopschitsche, 12.41
    Witebsk, 25.12.41 - 1.42
    Seranvillers/Cambrai, 1.42 - 5.42

?

Help with units - Obergefreiter / SS-Rottenfuhrer Hesse

Thanks Hucks216, attached is the full page.

Is it possible to read the handwriting at the bottom?

Russ

Not really, the image resolution isn't great when zoomed in. The bottom one looks like it just says something along the lines of Einsatz im Operationsgebiet Ostfront.