Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

ID (?) card - SS

Article about: Hello, Amongst the collection I'm helping a friend sort out for an elderly couple is this card. I was able to confirm that the name and ID number match, but I am curious if everything else f

Default ID (?) card - SS

Hello,

Amongst the collection I'm helping a friend sort out for an elderly couple is this card. I was able to confirm that the name and ID number match, but I am curious if everything else fits, as there was a Gestapo badge in the collection, purchased from the same source, that is a reproduction.

Here's the front:

The back:

As with the 1925 edition Mein Kampf, right now I'm helping research what exactly is in the collection and document it as best we can. At this time I'm not sure if these will be offered for sale individually, to a dealer, or donated to a museum, but if you have any idea as to value, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ID (?) card - SS
    P
    Many

Default Re: ID (?) card - SS

It looks original to me. Not a id as such but this is a file index card.

Do not donate it to a museum. Museums rarely display even a fraction of what they have and once they have it, it is theirs to do with as they see fit. Things either go "missing" or get sold off.

I would sell it and let the owners enjoy the money.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It looks original to me. Not a id as such but this is a file index card.

Do not donate it to a museum. Museums rarely display even a fraction of what they have and once they have it, it is theirs to do with as they see fit. Things either go "missing" or get sold off.

I would sell it and let the owners enjoy the money.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thank you for the information. Where would such a card be used?

Part of local party/ss records.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade is correct that it is an index file card. I saw drawers full of those cards at the Berlin Document Center in 1990. He is also correct that they were held and maintained at local Party headquarters throughout Germany before 1945, which is why you see hand written cross-outs and changes on the card. Dwight