Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine Wehrpas of U-boat Warbadge Recipient

Article about: I dug this little gem out of a very early Wehrpas for a KM soldier. Bakker Erving . It also has a second ID photo and his Truppen ID card appears to be a 1937 issue or called up in 1936. My

Default Kriegsmarine Wehrpas of U-boat Warbadge Recipient

I dug this little gem out of a very early Wehrpas for a KM soldier. Bakker Erving . It also has a second ID photo and his Truppen ID card appears to be a 1937 issue or called up in 1936. My abilities in reading the writing is spotty at best. Received the EK2 and U-boat War badge, and thus a decorated fellow
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Wehrpas of U-boat Warbadge Recipient   Kriegsmarine Wehrpas of U-boat Warbadge Recipient  

Kriegsmarine Wehrpas of U-boat Warbadge Recipient   Kriegsmarine Wehrpas of U-boat Warbadge Recipient  

Kriegsmarine Wehrpas of U-boat Warbadge Recipient   Kriegsmarine Wehrpas of U-boat Warbadge Recipient  

Kriegsmarine Wehrpas of U-boat Warbadge Recipient  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Wehrpas of U-boat Warbadge Recipient
    P
    Many

Very nice

Thank you Ullergaard. I had it tucked away for way too long. I understand U-Boot Soldbuch and Wehrpas are n the rarer side of collecting . I never had it translated fully.

Hi humble.

Really nice early Wehrpass!

I will be the first to admit I struggled with some of the translating on this, so hopefully other members can add to this or correct any mistakes I’ve made.

I think he was originally with a Costal Marine Artillery unit, then was posted to a mine sweeping vessel.

Here’s what I have.

1 - Bokker
    2 - Franz Friedrich Wilhelm
    3 - 27 September 1908
    4 - Emden in the Aurich district (Place of birth looks like Emden on the Truppenausweis also)
    5 - Deutscher
    6 - Not 100% sure, but possibly Evang (evangelical)
    7 - Led = Ledig (Single)
    8 - Beruf (Job)
    erlernter - M?
    ausgeübter - Koch (cook)
    9 - Fathers name looks like Klaas and he was an arbeiter. I can’t read his mother’s name but her maiden name looks like Helmers.
    10 - Volkschule

Aurich district of Germany
    Aurich District - Medieval Towns, Modern Hide-Aways!

Page - 16

Während der kurzfr. ausbildung keine
    Possibly - Während der kurzfristig. ausbildung keine

Page 20 - Mit der Waffe

Gewehr 98

Page 21 -

I couldn’t read the whole text, but Festungskommandant would translate to fortress command. This would tie in with the entry of IV. MARINE-ARTILLERIE-ABTEILUNG on page 28.

*hiet bei der festungs kommandantur

Während der kurzfristig. ausbildung keine
    Possibly - während der kurzfristig. ausbildung keine

Page 23 -

Minensuch U-Boots J - Sich Verb abz 5.12.1940.

I would read this as -

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boot-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände abzeichen (Mine sweeper war badge)
    Minesweeper War Badge - Wikipedia

Page 28 -

IV. MARINE-ARTILLERIE-ABTEILUNG
    Formed 1920 in Cuxhaven. Disbanded 8.26.39
    Marine-Artillerie-Abteilungen - Feldgrau
    IV. Marineartillerieabteilung
    Festungskommandant von Nordfriesland
    Last edited by Willmore; 05-10-2021 at 12:28 AM.

Willmore thank you so much!!! I could only read a small portion of the handwriting, and looks like I even got the minesweeper warbadge mixed up with the U-boat War badge. I actually appreciate the time you took to decipher what you could, and I thank you once again

No problem Sir.

I found the writing very tricky on this one unfortunately. Although it appears he didn’t serve on U-boats, it is a really nice Wehrpass showing pre and early war service.

I would be interested to know what the entry on page 18 says, but I can’t get the second part.

12 xxxx flotilla 2.10.39.

Thanks again Willmore I have a couple other Soldbuch I may poet someday a KIA and a SS Totenkopf

That's ok bud.

It would be great to see those!

I'll get them out eventually for I have a lot of stuff I show from time to time. I actually have a genuine Norway admin badge in its original numbered case I may show , and some SS Tinnies etc....

Yeah definitely, I’m always interested in seeing new things and learning about them. I have never heard of a Norway admin badge and I know next to nothing about Tinnies.

On the subject of Franz Bokker, I had a look to see if he was recorded as a casualty but found nothing. I did find a few ‘Bokkers’, on the Volksbund and Fold3, including this man. I’m wonder if they were brothers because of the close dates of birth, place of birth and father’s name (They were both in the Kriegsmarine too).

Wilhelm Bokker

Box Number:
    GB200/0001-0319
    GB138/0950-1350

Father Full Name
    B, Klaas

Birth date:
    29 Mar 1910

Birth Place:
    Emden

Military Rank:
    Verw Ob Gefr

Military Unit:
    Hafenschutz-Flottille

Death date:
    16 Jan 1943

Death Place:
    Vlaardingen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Wehrpas of U-boat Warbadge Recipient   Kriegsmarine Wehrpas of U-boat Warbadge Recipient  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast