Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for help with information on smallWWII German ID book

Article about: I recently picked up this little German Id booklet,as I have never seen one before nor can I find any information online. I believe that She was possibly a train conductor,or postal person?

Default Looking for help with information on smallWWII German ID book

I recently picked up this little German Id booklet,as I have never seen one before nor can I find any information online.
    I believe that She was possibly a train conductor,or postal person?
    Has anybody seen one of these before??Looking for help with information on smallWWII German  ID bookLooking for help with information on smallWWII German  ID book

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for help with information on smallWWII German  ID book
    P
    Many

I've seen these work passes before, but the others I've seen were for foreign workers. Her title is for a conductor. I'm not sure what KHD stands for though,

I found out that KHD is I believe a military type transport truck KHD 3000

No. KHD is Kriegshilfsdienst [War Auxiliary Service].

The KHD was a half-year extension of RADwJ service that was spent working in some capacity that directly or indirectly contributed to the war effort.

Public transportation (as seen here; she was a bus- or tram conductress in Breslau) was a typical example; other fields were public health/welfare services, the armaments industry, postal and communicatIon services, clerical work for the armed forces etc.

Thank you for the information,Its kind of strange Her name is Elfriede Kowalski,which is a Polish or Jewish last name? Im trying to do some research on Her but haven't found anything yet.

There is nothing strange about that. Kowalski is a typically Polish name, but there are many Germans with that surname (or other names of Slavic origin). Of course, in the region in which she lived (Breslau / Wrocław in Lower Silesia), German citizens with Polish names would have been particularly common.