Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More Dross from EBay seller

Article about: Beware seller Lypac_49 selling fantasy and doctored ephemera from UK. Already has conned someone for this dross

Default More Dross from EBay seller

Beware seller Lypac_49 selling fantasy and doctored ephemera from UK.

Already has conned someone for this dross

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement More Dross from EBay seller
    P
    Many

This garbage has been around for years - there's always a sucker ......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The worst kind of greedy low life, some of the items look original but have been ruined with fake additional stamps.

TWS
    ?

That document is a complete and utter fabrication. One clue on these are the way over the top use of stylistic stamps and art work. Designed to appeal to the completely ignorant that look at it and go "wow, very cool looking!!" Worthy of a flea market in Central/Eastern Europe.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

There has been quite a few of these fantasy items on eBay recently, this one went for £155!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture More Dross from EBay seller  

It's disappointing to see these are still catching people out. I've noticed a recent influx of them on eBay, too. The most recent one I saw was supposedly an ID for a member of the British Free Corps. That would be extraordinarily rare, considering it was an organisation which never grew beyond a strength of 27 men, with 54 known members overall. To be fair, the seller was selling them 'as copies'. Presumably to cover their arse in the event they do take someone for a ride.

B.B.

These fake SS IDs are littered all over eBay!! I found one seller who had multiple IDs that had different names but the same picture. I sent him a message to call him out for it for knowingly selling fakes and he got all defensive, saying "buyer is to determine originality" yet was falsely advertising it as the real deal, then he restricted me from seeing his listings... what a JOKE! These conmen need to be prosecuted.

I've seen some of these go for as high as $200.

I've also seen fake Soviet ones of similar style so watch out for those too.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    It's disappointing to see these are still catching people out. I've noticed a recent influx of them on eBay, too. The most recent one I saw was supposedly an ID for a member of the British Free Corps. That would be extraordinarily rare, considering it was an organisation which never grew beyond a strength of 27 men, with 54 known members overall. To be fair, the seller was selling them 'as copies'. Presumably to cover their arse in the event they do take someone for a ride.

B.B.
    Yes I saw the Britisches Freikorps one as well. It had bids of over £50 I think. I cannot understand what possesses people to pay good money for this c##p. Have they never read ANYTHING, ANYWHERE about what constitutes an original Wehrpaß, Soldbuch, Ausweis? A fool & his money are soon parted...

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Yes I saw the Britisches Freikorps one as well. It had bids of over £50 I think. I cannot understand what possesses people to pay good money for this c##p. Have they never read ANYTHING, ANYWHERE about what constitutes an original Wehrpaß, Soldbuch, Ausweis? A fool & his money are soon parted...
    I'd wager most of them are opportunistic collectors, rather than dedicated collectors of militaria. Some people collect a 'bit of everything', and so won't dedicate time to acquiring knowledge on a particular subject. That, or they're beginner collectors just starting out. All the more tragic for the latter, as once they discover their hard-won bargains are bogus, many will abandon the hobby altogether.

B.B.

Those Britisches Freikorps one are bad... It’s strange that people buy these even when the sellers says the might be fake/fantasy.... Here’s another one that went for £115.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture More Dross from EBay seller  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast