Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nice Luftwaffe soldbuch.

Article about: Hey! Here I have a Luftwaffe Soldbuch to Siegfried-Felix Steinig. Nice condition except that someone "denazified" it. I also need to do more research on this fellow. If you guys ha

Default Nice Luftwaffe soldbuch.

Hey! Here I have a Luftwaffe Soldbuch to Siegfried-Felix Steinig. Nice condition except that someone "denazified" it. He had the following awards..KVK2wSwords, Ek2, Frontflugspange in bronze and silver and EK1. Atleast I believe its frontflugspang.

I also need to do more research on this fellow. If you guys have any tidbits of information, I'd love to see them! -Rose

Nice Luftwaffe soldbuch.Nice Luftwaffe soldbuch.Nice Luftwaffe soldbuch.Nice Luftwaffe soldbuch.Nice Luftwaffe soldbuch.Nice Luftwaffe soldbuch.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nice Luftwaffe soldbuch.  
    Last edited by rheppler; 03-18-2024 at 05:28 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nice Luftwaffe soldbuch.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Nice! Hopefully some of the guys who can read this stuff will see and provide more information
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks, I like this book. The awards I always have hardly any problems with, its the research that I can get caught up in. Id love information if anyone has any! -Rose

I agree with you Rose, I also like this Soldbuch. Steinig being in France ties in nicely with the formation of KG6 in 1942 through to when they moved to Melsbroek in Belgium in 1944. Couldn't find any record of him having been shot down at any time. But as a member of 6th Staffel of KG6 it is one I'd be pleased to own also. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Rose.

Really nice soldbuch, thank you for sharing it with us.

He was a busy man by the look of things and I am not just talking about his combat activities. On page 12 it shows his medical complaints and the codes associated with them. 13 = Gonorrhoea and 22 = Other diseases of the digestive tract.

Soldbuch Medical Codes - Wehrmacht - Wolfgang Historica

The Feldpost number 16997 from page 22 (awards) corresponds to -

00794 (1.2.1941-11.7.1941) gestrichen, wurde Fp.Nr. 16997
    16997 (16.2.1941-18.7.1941) Stab Küsten-Flieger-Gruppe 106
    16997 (31.7.1942-9.2.1943) II. Gruppe Kampf-Geschwader 6
    16997 (10.11.1944-8.5.1945) 23.11.1944 II. Gruppe Kampf-Geschwader (J) 6

Kampfgeschwader 6 -

Kampfgeschwader 6 - Feldgrau

Kampfgeschwader 6

Kind regards,

Will.
    Last edited by Willmore; 03-18-2024 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Extra information

?

Hello, very nice Soldbuch, but our man has been dealing with "Gonorrhoea" quite a lot, he didn't hesitate to enjoy the respect due to the pilots from the girls.
    Regards,
    Peeloo

Quote by Peeloo View Post
    Hello, very nice Soldbuch, but our man has been dealing with "Gonorrhoea" quite a lot, he didn't hesitate to enjoy the respect due to the pilots from the girls.
    Regards,
    Peeloo
    Perhaps a result of some Parisienne liaisons? Not usually the kind of action we see on the forum, but evidence of the human condition?

?

Talking

Hello Blackcat, yes that's right, these are not the deals, your eyes are sharp!

Quick question as my mind has failed me.. Is there a place in the book that says what particular plane was he flying and the clasps are bomber clasps correct? Or was it either plane? Ju 88A/Ju 188E

Thanks, Rose

Hi Rose.

The aircraft type he flew in would not be mentioned in the Soldbuch, but would have been recorded in a Flugbuch. With him being in 6./Schwadron (II. Gruppe), it looks like he would have been a part of the crew of a Ju 88A.

Here is an example of a Flugbuch -

ww2 german flugbuch need help understanding it

I would think he would have been awarded Bomber Clasps, but hopefully another member can confirm or correct this.

Kind regards,

Will.
    Last edited by Willmore; 03-19-2024 at 10:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast