Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original ss identification papers/ booklet up for review and authentication

Article about: Guys my buddy picked this up and i would like some opinions. I have looked over a few postings here showing similar items so i figured it would be good post this one.

Default Original ss identification papers/ booklet up for review and authentication

Guys my buddy picked this up and i would like some opinions. I have looked over a few postings here showing similar items so i figured it would be good post this one.

I did edit one of the photos and changed the tone to bring out the writing
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original ss identification papers/ booklet up for review and authentication   Original ss identification papers/ booklet up for review and authentication  

Original ss identification papers/ booklet up for review and authentication   Original ss identification papers/ booklet up for review and authentication  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original ss identification papers/ booklet up for review and authentication
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Fake

Naa it's rubbish! East Euro made, there was a post around here on these! can't find it!

Thats what i figured. Im going to have to show my buddy. Iam sure he will not be too happy

- - ------- - -

Does anyone have a real one of something similar i can show?

CBH
    ?

An SS soldiers pay book would be much planer without Divisional Stampings on the cover.
    Soldiers get transferred all the time, would you need a new book for every transfer ?

Fake !! other

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

I can't believe that these are still catching people out. If someone is buying SS ID documents, whether they are Soldbücher or Ausweise or the same that show Knights Cross winners or Tiger tank units, then if it is being offered too cheaply an alarm bell should ring and if they are being offered for a lot of money then without experience people should use a bit of common sense and do their homework before handing over their hard earned money.

Most members of the SS would have been issued with a standard Wehrpass and Soldbuch. The former was retained at unit level, and the latter was a personal identity document, kept on the man's person at all times. An example of both documents is shown below (Both Heer issue, in this case). There was an SS-Soldbuch, but it was of very plain appearance, nothing like the documents shown above.

Original ss identification papers/ booklet up for review and authenticationOriginal ss identification papers/ booklet up for review and authenticationOriginal ss identification papers/ booklet up for review and authenticationOriginal ss identification papers/ booklet up for review and authenticationOriginal ss identification papers/ booklet up for review and authentication

The documents shown in the posts above mine are fantasy pieces. They are not only fake; nothing like them existed in the time of the Third Reich. They were created from scratch by unscrupulous people, with the sole intention of taking money from the inexperienced or unwary. Treat anything SS-related with an extreme degree of scrutiny. SS stuff has been faked the world over, from full uniforms down to individual buttons. It's expensive stuff, and where there is money to be made, fakers swarm like cockroaches.

Regards, B.B.

Nice items Brodie !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast