Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pioneer Soldbuch Help

Article about: I just bought this soldbuch from WAF member REDVIPER--Thomas. I have a few questions about it: 1) Why are the awards entered on page 22 out of order??? (dates are mixed) It KVKII 13-1-1941,

Exclamation Pioneer Soldbuch Help

I just bought this soldbuch from WAF member REDVIPER--Thomas.

I have a few questions about it:

1) Why are the awards entered on page 22 out of order??? (dates are mixed) It KVKII 13-1-1941, Schutzwall Azbeichen 13-1-1941, Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silver 27-9-1944, Ost. Medal 31-8-1942, Wound badge in black sometime in 1942. This is the order they are written in in the soldbuch, why is it like this (dates are not in chronological order)?? I hope this doesn't mean its a replacement issue.

2) Same thing with page 21

3) Why is each stamp on the photo-cover doubled. Luckily, a plus is that the unit on the stamp matches the one inside the book, and the staples have made marks on the 1st page of the soldbuch. (which means that it has been with the book for a while)

I am almost 100% sure this is not a replacement issue, can any of you tell me your opinions?

If there is anything else that is wrong with it, please tell me.

Thanks,
    Swayne Martin

CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pioneer Soldbuch Help   Pioneer Soldbuch Help  

Pioneer Soldbuch Help   Pioneer Soldbuch Help  

Pioneer Soldbuch Help   Pioneer Soldbuch Help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pioneer Soldbuch Help
    P
    Many

Default Re: Pioneer Soldbuch Help

No ideas???

Swayne

You have posted this on the WAF and got all the information you asked for and more so there is no need to ask the same questions and then a prompt one day later.

And buying something and then asking if there is anything wrong with it is the wrong way round. That aside, Thomas is one of the good guys - you have no worries buying from him. He is a collector and tends to have a lot of very nice WP & SB's and when he sells them to raise funds he sells them at very reasonable collector-to-collector prices.

People here and on other forums are more than happy to help, myself included, but before you spend hard earned money on items PLEASE spend money on the relevant books to help you understand what you are buying/interested in. $150 on books will save you alot of money in the long run, or read other threads and make notes of information you think may come in handy at a later date - it all helps as you might not always have access to the internet when you need it and have to rely on what you know.

Some handy books to get you started...
    http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPages/Books/bk90.htm
    http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPages/Books/bk91.htm
    http://jungco.homestead.com/
    Last edited by hucks216; 08-09-2010 at 11:58 AM.

The only reason I posted here and on WAF was to get the opinions of people who are not on WAF, or people who might not use the ID section as much.

I am sorry if I did something rude, I just am a little confused as to why it is a problem to post it on two forums to get as many peoples inputs as possible

Thanks,
    Swayne

It isn't rude and we all do it from time to time but every question you have asked has already been answered so there is no need to prompt just one day later.

Looks fine to me, I would be happy to have it in my collection.

Regards

Jock
    Last edited by jock auld; 08-10-2010 at 04:23 PM.

Thanks guys,

Swayne

Thanks guys,

Swayne

Jan
    ?

Looks like a nice soldbuch

Rgds Jan

I find it interesting that he was shot 3 times!!!!

That proves that he definitely saw combat. (and that he has IAB, Wound badge Silver, and the EKII)

Many Thanks,
    Swayne Martin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast