MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Soldbuch Hauptmann

Article about: Hi! I want to buy this soldbuch. The price is around 48 euros. I would be happy for any information. A couple of pages are missing from it and denazified, but maybe some entries might be int

Question Soldbuch Hauptmann

Hi!

I want to buy this soldbuch. The price is around 48 euros.
    I would be happy for any information.
    A couple of pages are missing from it and denazified, but maybe some entries might be interesting.

Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldbuch Hauptmann   Soldbuch Hauptmann  

Soldbuch Hauptmann   Soldbuch Hauptmann  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldbuch Hauptmann
    P
    Many

more photos...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldbuch Hauptmann   Soldbuch Hauptmann  

Unfortunately all the interesting pages have been removed, units and awards etc. Looks like he was issued the Soldbuch on 30th August 1939. He served in Pionier-Btl 656 in 1940 which were Heerestruppen. He served with them through to at least mid-1942 so would of served in Russia when the unit was part of 16.Armee in Heersgruppe Nord. During this time he was awarded the Ostmedaille. At the beginning of 1943 he spent two months in hospital and by mid 1943 he was serving with Pionier-Btl 344 of 344.Infanterie-Division which was based in Bordeaux at the time. At some point between December 1943 and September 1944 he was assigned to Brückenkolonne B 1/409 which was a bridge building unit and was once again Heerestruppen. There isn't much information available about the unit. In 1941 it was part of 12.Armee but looks like the unit did end up on the eastern front at some point and looking in the DRK MIA database there is one man listed with the unit as being MIA in Kehlberg in November 1944 which I think is in southeast Austria.
    This Soldbuch however shows that he was captured by the US Army so he had obviously made his way to the west, with what unit though is impossible to say.

He would of been 17 at the outbreak of WW-1 and looking at his ribbon bar it might have WW-1 ribbons on it.

This is his birth registry entry - Father Eduard Wolff and mother Augustine. Birth date & birth place of Klein Strehlitz match the entries in the Soldbuch.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldbuch Hauptmann