Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Soldbuch Landwacht Niederlande

Article about: Hi All... This is an interesting Polizei Soldbuch, it belonged to Georg Friebe, born at March 26 1900, died at the end of the war on April 1 1945, serving with the 1 Rgt Landwacht Niederland

Default Soldbuch Landwacht Niederlande

Hi All...

This is an interesting Polizei Soldbuch, it belonged to Georg Friebe, born at March 26 1900, died at the end of the war on April 1 1945, serving with the 1 Rgt Landwacht Niederlande, 3. Kompanie. Died and buried in a Kriegslazarett at Apeldoorn and reburied, of course, in Ysselsteyn, Brabant, the Netherlands.
    Needless to say, in am very interested in a death notice of Georg Friebe, should it exist!
    Hope you like the photos!

Cheers,
    Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldbuch Landwacht Niederlande   Soldbuch Landwacht Niederlande  

Soldbuch Landwacht Niederlande   Soldbuch Landwacht Niederlande  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldbuch Landwacht Niederlande
    P
    Many

And a few additional photos:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldbuch Landwacht Niederlande   Soldbuch Landwacht Niederlande  

Hi Martin.

It is always great to see Polizei documents because I will be the first to admit that I am not too familiar with them.

No casualty, card unfortunately, but I did find this -

Georg Josef Heinrich Friebe in the Eastern Prussian Provinces, Germany [Poland], Selected Civil Vitals, 1874-1945.

Name: Georg Josef Heinrich Friebe
    Marriage Age: 27
    Event Type: Heirat (Marriage)
    Birth Date: 26 March 1900
    Marriage Date: 5 September 1927
    Marriage Place: Pfaffendorf, Preußen
    Marriage Civil Registration Office: Pfaffendorf, Krs Lauban
    Spouse: Elisabeth Maria Arlt
    Certificate Number: 6

Soldbuch Landwacht Niederlande

I can't work out his cause of death from page 14, maybe thrombophlebitis linken bein und Gangrän bein, Amputiert linkes Oberschenkel, ??? gangrän rechtes Fuße ??? ??? (Thrombophlebitis left leg, gangrenous leg, amputation of left thigh. ??? gangrene right foot ??? ??? ).

Kind regards,

Will.
    Last edited by Willmore; 05-20-2024 at 10:51 PM.

Very cool little group and great to have pictures too. I don't know much about the police ones, but they are interesting to see. Thanks for showing it. -Rose

Thanks for the kind words, Gentleman!

And as always Will, thanks for your time looking for the additional data, I will keep it close to the documents.

I am far from a Soldbuch expert, let alone Polizei matters. Last year I bought a first model Dutch Legion tricolor arm shield and the seller contacted me later, offering this grouping. It was 'the Dutch Connection' why I bought it. Everything Landwacht related is very hard to find over here. Anywhere I guess. Quite a gamble, the shield is an expensive variant, the Soldbuch grouping was, ahem, also expensive, and it was the first time I had contact with this seller. But his credits were good and in my best Google French we came along. The seller turned out to be a very a reliable and contentious person and within a week all arrived, carefully packed and in excellent condition. No hidden defect and all accurately described.

Thanks for your interpretation of page 14. To be honest: I couldn't make anything of it! I thought the second to last word looked like Kopfschuss, but your view makes more sense. Gangrene looks very alike indeed!

Cheers,
    Martin

I am glad to help Martin.

It sounds like you found a good seller and that is always nice. Also I agree it is ok to pay a premium for an area you collect, especially if is it niche.

Now worries, I am just a little frustrated because I can't work out what it says and give you a definitive answer. I actually dreamt about this script last night!

Thank you for posting a really nice and interesting document.

Kind regards,

Will.