Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Soldbuch Pz.jg.abt(sf)228 Trouble Deciphering awards page??

Article about: I recently picked this Soldbuch up with a Ek2,it was entered either on 21.3.45 or 6/3/45 Im having trouble locating Steinmuller,Otto Pz.jg Abt (sf) 228 receiving this Cross,and have tried to

Default Soldbuch Pz.jg.abt(sf)228 Trouble Deciphering awards page??

I recently picked this Soldbuch up with a Ek2,it was entered either on 21.3.45 or 6/3/45
    Im having trouble locating Steinmuller,Otto Pz.jg Abt (sf) 228 receiving this Cross,and have tried to understand his 2 awards at the top of the page.
    Could anyone point me in the correct direction where I might find any information that he indeed received the Ek2
    Sorry for the horizontal picture,I had trouble getting it to rotate properly
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldbuch Pz.jg.abt(sf)228 Trouble Deciphering awards page??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldbuch Pz.jg.abt(sf)228 Trouble Deciphering awards page??
    P
    Many

I would say that it is a faked award. I don't like the way it has been entered and I also don't like the Oberfeldwebel stamp and an officer was meant to sign award entries in a Soldbuch to authorise the entry, not an NCO. For that period you probably won't find any award lists anyway as most, if not all, of the EK & KvK Verleihungslisten held in Bundesarchiv seem to stop in December 1944.

That's what I thought when I first saw it,I was given a Soldbuch,EK2,a few papers from this man releasing him from service,a small pennat flag,and US items from a Veterans Widow, so if it is a false entry possibly the soldier entered this to make him look better?

Quote by chrisjrfan View Post
    That's what I thought when I first saw it,I was given a Soldbuch,EK2,a few papers from this man releasing him from service,a small pennat flag,and US items from a Veterans Widow, so if it is a false entry possibly the soldier entered this to make him look better?
    It is possible, I have seen it done before. It might be that he was told he was being put up for one and it never came about or he was awarded one and it was never entered in to the Soldbuch so he filled it in himself although I'm not sure why he would bother making an Oberfeldwebel stamp to do that.

Would be nice to see the rest of this SB as I'm assuming he was part of the 116th Windhund Division.

BlackCat1982 soon as I get home from work today I will post some more for photos of the Soldbuch and the EK2

Default Heres a few more page from his Soldbuch and the Ek2 that came with the the book

Soldbuch Pz.jg.abt(sf)228 Trouble Deciphering awards page??Soldbuch Pz.jg.abt(sf)228 Trouble Deciphering awards page??Soldbuch Pz.jg.abt(sf)228 Trouble Deciphering awards page??Soldbuch Pz.jg.abt(sf)228 Trouble Deciphering awards page??