Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Translation of Soldbuch

Article about: Hi, I am having difficulty reading the German handwriting on this Soldbuch. I don't read German but I can get the typed bits translated on google, the rest I am lost with. I am hope with som

Default Translation of Soldbuch

Hi, I am having difficulty reading the German handwriting on this Soldbuch. I don't read German but I can get the typed bits translated on google, the rest I am lost with. I am hope with some help I will be able to understand the contents of this Soldbuch.
    #1Translation of Soldbuch#2Translation of Soldbuch
    #3Translation of Soldbuch#4Translation of Soldbuch
    #5Translation of Soldbuch#6Translation of Soldbuch
    #7Translation of Soldbuch#8Translation of Soldbuch
    #9Translation of Soldbuch#10Translation of Soldbuch
    #11Translation of Soldbuch#12Translation of Soldbuch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Translation of Soldbuch
    P
    Many

Apparently this is a replacement Soldbuch for Lt. Carl Stein, issued on 11 April '45....He was wounded and treated by a Dr.Schmidt in a field hospital located inside the Dornier Werke/Aircraft Factory until captured by the French on 29 May '45...he was then transferred to a French Hospital...He had 1000RM advance pay but the French searched him 4 times and the money was lost...Hope this helped a bit...
    cheers, Glenn

It does yes, thank you. But, I am hoping to get each of the handwritten German words translated because I would like to type out and hard copy print the translated handwritten bits to keep along with the book with my collection pieces.

I am looking for more than a summary of the book, is anyone able to help me translate just the added handwritten words? I don't need any typed words translated.

Inside front cover:
    Notiz
    Am 29 Mai, 1945 im Reserve Lazaret Landau, Abteilung "Dornier Werke", von den Französen Kriegsgefangen genommen worden, zusammen mit Artz Dr. XX XXXXX, Mannheim.
    Notice:
    On May 29, 45, while in the barracks hospital Landau, division DW, was taken prisoner of war by the French, along with this Doctor from Mannheim

OK, his handwriting gets a bit sloppy, but I think it's "mit DW (DornierWerk) doctor Lehrman, Mannheim. "
    signed Bartheim (?) (same signer on p.2)

On the paper clipped on:
    Dr. Schmitt treated me in the infirmary at DorrierWorks and also in France.

paper clipped on back cover:
    in pencil, his name, then:

Bei Gefangenschaft Vorschussquitung über 1000 Reichsmarks hier abgetrennt. Nützte aber doch nicht, weil wir vier mal durchsucht wurden.
    In prisonership the receipt for 1000 RM was removed from here, but it didn't help, as we were body serched 4 times.

Give me the page number, Somniac, of what else I should look at. Your fotos are very good.

I just noticed this on the back of the one small piece of paper inside the Soldbuch
    Translation of Soldbuch

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast