Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen in Silver and its award document.

Article about: Hello all. I would like to know your opinion about my two questions about this item, please. Thanks in advance. (1) Lack of "BESITZZEUGNIS" Usually "BESITZZEUGNIS" ("

Default Verwundetenabzeichen in Silver and its award document.

Hello all. I would like to know your opinion about my two questions about this item, please.
    Thanks in advance.
    Verwundetenabzeichen in Silver and its award document.
    (1) Lack of "BESITZZEUGNIS"
    Usually "BESITZZEUGNIS" ("Document of possession" in English) was written on the top line of the wound badge award document, because it shows the proof of award.
    However none of description in this document. And unfortunately I could not find that kind of award document which has no description when I search so far.

(2) The gap of wound level and the badge lank
    We can read "ein- maligen Verwundung oder Beschädigung" in document, and has been added a overline on the "oder Beschädigung". It means, this person was reported as wound one time, not as damaged (e.g. lost of arm or leg).
    But I think the basic rule of awarding in those day, they didn't give the silver wound badge to the person "wounded one time", but black wound badge. They gave silver wound badge to "wounded over three times" or "damaged" person.
    So I can't understand the gap between the award document and the basic rule of awarding.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen in Silver and its award document.   Verwundetenabzeichen in Silver and its award document.  

Last edited by panzerfibel; 06-19-2020 at 07:03 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Silver and its award document.
    P
    Many

Since your questions are regarding the document, I have moved your thread to the paper section of the forum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I don't see anything bad, IMHO original. I've seen more examples, especially in Austria, that didn't have the wording "Besitzzeugnis" on top of it. Also Beschädigung is more ment like injury; you get wounded in combat, but you also can get injured (without it being your fault) without combat or suffer further damage which are the result of the wound(s) while being treated or soon after (ex. eventual amputation of an extremity, losing eye sight ...). The doctors can re-evaluate that whether you are legitimate to receive the high degree of wound badge then. And they did give Silver or Gold badges to "one time wounded" personnel, it depends on the severity of the wound.

Wolfgang Historica,
    I really appreciate your prompt and valuable explanation, and learned there were many same cases in Austria which I didn't notice.
    Best regards,

Wolfgang Historica,

If possible I really appreciate if you would be so kind to show me the image or information of "more example that didn't have the wording "Besitzzeugnis" on top of it".

Quote by Wolfgang Historica View Post
    I don't see anything bad, IMHO original. I've seen more examples, especially in Austria, that didn't have the wording "Besitzzeugnis" on top of it.

Call me Bart. I don't have any examples myself however here's one for instance taken from Stiller's website, notice also awarded in Wien (Austria) and same style.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen in Silver and its award document.  

Dear Bart,
    It's new to me. Deeply appreciated sharing a valuable sample.