Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wehrpass Help Please

Article about: I was out at a local shop and found this book. I’m not familiar with these at all so any would be greatly appreciated.

Default Wehrpass Help Please

I was out at a local shop and found this book. I’m not familiar with these at all so any would be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrpass Help Please   Wehrpass Help Please  

Wehrpass Help Please   Wehrpass Help Please  

Wehrpass Help Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrpass Help Please
    P
    Many

schwere Stellungs-Werfer-Regiment 101 was located in the Cherbourg area in 1944 so if there are no entries dated after June 1944 it could be that he was taken PoW when the unit was destroyed in June 1944. He isn't listed as being killed in the Volksbund database.

I am trying to understand his name and I see Wilhelm Underbrink or is the last name something different. I need new glasses. Lol

I did see the last name Unterbrink?????
    And what type regiment are they. Artillery or Rocket?

It is Unterbrink, born on 29th December 1906. His mother died in 1910 and his father in 1930.

If I am correct I think this is what he was trained on.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrpass Help Please  

Yep, that's it.

It looks like the regiment was in two maybe three different locations on the peninsula before the invasion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrpass Help Please  

The man in the Wehrpass served within II Abteilung.

Nice Wehrpass to a member of the 4th Batterie, I've got an M42 helmet from the same unit, (7th Batterie) so I'm really jealous of your find!
    Last edited by BlackCat1982; 12-18-2019 at 04:46 PM. Reason: additional info

I would love to see a picture!!!!!!! I really didn’t expect to find anything from the Battle of Cherbourg. I normally collect Japanese and U.S. dog tags and have a few German. I’m going to try and pin down where this unit was exactly but probably won’t have any luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast