Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrpass informations please

Article about: Hello! Please I want all informations about this soldier...thx

Default Wehrpass informations please

Wehrpass informations pleaseWehrpass informations pleaseWehrpass informations pleaseWehrpass informations pleaseWehrpass informations pleaseWehrpass informations pleaseWehrpass informations pleaseWehrpass informations pleaseWehrpass informations pleaseWehrpass informations pleaseWehrpass informations please
    Hello! Please I want basic informations about this soldier...thx

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrpass informations please
    P
    Many

Can't make out his first name, but his surname was Fleischberger. Born on the 23rd November 1900 in Linz, Austria to father Ludwig and mother Josefine. His citizenship is listed as 'Reichsangehöriger' (Reich Member), as by the date of the issue of this document Austria had been absorbed into the Reich as part of the Anschluss. He was issued this Wehrpaß in Linz on 22nd September 1938. The annexation of Austria took place on 12th March of that year.

This is where things get more difficult for me, as deciphering units has never been my strong point. He appears to have been a reservist, not entering combat until 12th September 1944, serving first with an 'Ersatz' (replacement) infantry regiment on 19th September 1944, and being moved to a Flak regiment a day later. He was promoted to Gefreiter (Lance Corporal) on the 1st April 1945, indicating that he was in action in the closing months of the war in Europe.

That is what I can decipher using the limited experience I have, and the photographs shown.

Regards, B.B.

?

To me It looks like he served in Luftgau Nachrichten Regiment 17 (6. Luftnachrichten Ersatz Kompanie I guess) and after that served with 3. Batterie schwere Flakabteilung 289.

schwere Flak

Regards, Rik

He was also part of WW1 it seems, he was enlisted on the 6. *Idk, something with er at the end?* of 1918 and served till November 1918.
    In the 2. WW his regiment was staitioned at the Bavarian town Georgenberg when he was enlisted. He was enlisted in the "Wehrbezirk 1" which means military district, in which the german military divided their recruitment.

Regards, Adravor

Quote by Adravor View Post
    He was also part of WW1 it seems, he was enlisted on the 6. *Idk, something with er at the end?* of 1918 and served till November 1918.
    In the 2. WW his regiment was staitioned at the Bavarian town Georgenberg when he was enlisted. He was enlisted in the "Wehrbezirk 1" which means military district, in which the german military divided their recruitment.

Regards, Adravor
    Yes he was enlisted on 6th February 1918 and then demobilised in November, but I also cannot read what he was up to.

The first name is Willibald. He served with a Sappeur-Bataillon [sapper battalion]* in WW I; his rank was Sappeur, i.e. a basic-level private in that branch.

*) Austrians abbreviate "Bataillon" as "Baon"; Germans as "Batl." or "Btl."

Good morning,
    I'm sorry, I'm not very able with forums and social networks.
    I am a researcher at the White War Museum in Adamello, Italy and we deal with the Great War in the Alps, in particular in the high altitude areas of Adamello and Ortles. During an archaeological excavation in the Stelvio area, (here a link Melting ice reveals first world war relics in Italian Alps | Glaciers | The Guardian
    ) we found a wooden tablet (probably the lid of a box) with an inscription: it was almost certainly destined for the Willibald Fleischberger of this post. The sender is in fact "Lud.", Short for "Ludwig", he lived in Linz, and was in a department of the Engineers!
    Wehrpass informations please
    I think there are too many coincidences for it to be someone else!
    I ask to Fritz Chisten 1941 if it is possible to receive the scans of the Wehrpasse and if we will be able to publish them when the museum exhibition is ready.
    Thank you very much and best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrpass informations please  

Exciting find, great to tie this to Willibald in his younger days during service in WW1.